•One•

Dazai was almost completely sure about his decision. Almost. There was one thing left he had to discuss with Chuuya before he became an enemy to the mafia forever.

"Mori-san?" Dazai peeked through his boss' door. 

"Dazai, you've been scarce lately," Mori looked at him, trying to read him.

"I suppose...," Dazai's voice was hollow and empty.

"So...What are you here for?"

"Have you seen short stack?" Dazai's eyes lit up in the slightest mentioning Chuuya.

"Mm, no. I haven't." Mori san closed his eyes and smiled, "Isn't there been something you wanted to tell me?"

Dazai hung his head down and smirked under his eyes, "I'm leaving the Mafia."

The smirk was quickly washed away by the memory of Oda, his best friend, dying in his arms, and that promise... a single tear ran down his right eye. Since Oda took off that bandage in His final moments, he didn't dare put it back on, his hair was currently covering that eye, so no-one would know. Except for Chuuya, He had noticed almost instantly.

Mori didn't look surprised at all, "Are you sure you want to leave?"

Dazai nodded, and lifted his head, "I'll be taking my leave."

Dazai walked out the door and fled to the roof-tops. 

How many times has he looked down from here? He remembered the rush of the air in his ears and the feeling of being weightless. Chuuya had always stopped him 5 feet from the ground with his ability before it wore off in a second because of his own.

Dazai didn't hesitate before he flung himself off the tower in central Yokohama. He waited for impact. Chuuya wasn't going to save him this time. 

Dazai saw his hair flying around, he closed his eyes. "Oda...I know it's stupid thinking I would see you this soon after the promise,"

But I need to get off the grid, and a faked suicide is one way.

Dazai had called in a favor from Ango. 

There now was a crowd at the base of the tower pointing and exclaiming.  Among the crowd was a tall and lanky woman with a brown bob, wearing tights and a skirt and a white blouse. A single yellow butterfly rested in her hair. 

Ango said that he would eventually know who she is, but all he knew now, is that she would take him to a 'hospital' and then she'd use her ability to save him.

It's a pity that I cannot have my peaceful suicide, yet,  but I will keep my promise to Oda.

The next thing he knew, he was strapped to a table. The woman was at his side releasing him from the cuffs.

"That was quite the stunt, well, You're free to go." The woman snapped her gloves.

Dazai was perfectly intact, what a shame.

Dazai rolled off the table and grabbed a bag that Ango has brought from Dazai's apartment, it had new, fresh, clean clothes. Dazai changed and folded up his clothes. He sought out one man, now, another one later. One who would help him fulfill his promise to Oda. The other, he was in love with, and he placed a bomb under his car earlier, Chuuya.

Dazai met with someone about finding new work, and in two years, once he's fully off the grid, he will work at the Armed Detective Agency. Now for the second half, Dazai made his way to Bar lupin and indeed found a drunk, passed out Chuuya. He saw his phone, and his eyes went dark.

Dazai had also cut-off his old phone and bought a new one. Dazai picked up Chuuya's phone and changed the number to his new one.

Dazai picked Chuuya up princess style and carried him to Chuuya's apartment. Normally when they were there, it reeked of sex and intimacy. This time it felt cold and empty.

Chuuya stirred once Dazai placed him down, 

Chuuya swung at him, before he froze. His eyes laid on Dazai, his boyfriend.

Chuuya felt many things; anger, resentment, love, adoration, sorrow.

Chuuya hug his head, "Why?"

Dazai couldn't meet his eyes, "I want to help people," 

Chuuya scoffed, "What the hell happened to you anyways, Mackrel?"

Dazai was smart enough to know that Chuuya got jealous easily, and was often jealous of Oda.

"An old promise."

"A promise is why you left me in the dust? Dazai, YOU AND MORI DRAGGED ME INTO THIS HELL, and now you're leaving me to dry." Chuuya got in his face, almost ready to slap him.

"Chuuya-"

"DON'T CHUUYA, ME-"

"Please, you know I love you," Dazai teared up.

Chuuya halted, he knew that Dazai loved him, but he didn't just say it willy-nilly, and He definitely didn't cry much, and now He felt bad. He knew after all, beyond the surface, that Dazai was soft and caring, and that Dazai loved him with all his heart. 

Chuuya smiled softly, "I know sweetie, You know I love you too."

"What are we going to do?" Dazai collapsed on his bed.

"I... Don't know, I think we can make this work," Chuuya closed his eyes.

"I think so too." Dazai pulled Chuuya closer to him, "But I'll be an enemy of the Mafia, so we can't tell anyone."

"We haven't told anyone yet anyways since we were 15." Chuuya gladly snuggled up to him.

Dazai smiled and Kissed Chuuya's forehead as Chuuya yawned and drifted off to sleep.