Chapter 5

"Oh my god... Spike... It's you, it's actually you!" I cry in awe like a dumbstruck puppy.

"What is this?" Spike looks straight passed me, crossing his arms.

"I don't know, she sort of just appeared... And she keeps going on like she knows us." Angel shrugs in response.

"Woman do I know you?" Spike cuts me off before I could even start to explain who and what I was. "No.." I shake my head. "But I know you. Man do I know who you are... I can't believe I'm standing here right now." I clutch my ring hand to my chest and embrace it. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!" I mumble to my ring.

"What do you mean?" He raises a scarred eyebrow at me. "What do you know about me?"

I step back. "Your Spike, AKA Willaim the frikken bloody! Only the coolest, most attractive, badass, well dressed and most epic vampire ever!" I speak excitedly. "No offense Angel..." I add quietly, shooting the tall vampire an apologetic look.

"Some taken..." He answers.

"I like her." Spike chuckles. "What exactly are you, lil bit?" My inner fangirl is screaming at the fact he called me his favorite pet name.

"Did you hear that?!? He called me 'lil bit'?!?" I squeal, jumping excitedly in place. I stop once I notice the odd looks I'm getting from my on lookers. I compose myself, smoothing out the wrinkles on my shirt and taking on my most professional posture.

"Sorry, fangirled a little to hard there.." I apologize "I bet your all wondering what on earth I am." I state the obvious. Stepping into the center of the room. "I am The Traveler, but most people call me Roxanne."

"Sorry, human in the room, I'm a little lost here. What's a traveler?" Asks Gunn crossing his arms to match both Angel and Spike.

"To say it as what it is, basically I'm a dimensional crossing being from a parallel world."

"That explains the smell." Says the goddess, she being the most unfazed to the currant situation.

"Hey I just showered..." I start to defend myself before I realize I've just done 3 shows and then trudged through the desert. "...Recently"

"So you are an alien?" Lorne shoots me a look of disbelief. "Sort of." I shrug, raising my hands as if measuring the weight of objects in them. "I'm from a different version of earth, a world parallel to this. Nearly the same but with some slight differences."

"What kind of differences?" Asks a suspicious Angel. "Well for starters we don't have any vampires... Or demons for that matter." Or at least non that I know of. "Then how do you know about us?" Asks Spike.

"I've been watching you." I try to say in the least creepy way possible. Some how I got the feeling that these guys wouldn't be so keen on the whole 'On my planet you are a TV show' thing. I decided to keep it vague, explain more to them once they know they can trust me.

"All of you..." I continue. "This team, as well as the slayer and hers. Iv seen all the heroic things you've done. The selflessness, the sacrifice, all the good you've done for this world, I've seen it... Let me just tell you how much of an honor it is just to be standing in this room." I state humbly, looking around to each of them, until my eyes land on Spike.

"Especially you..." I point to Spike. "Him?" Angel points at his old friend in disbelief. "Yeah, him." I say matter of factly. "Like I said, most awesome vampire ever, period."

"Alright, enough with the hero worship, his ego is big enough." Angel speaks. "If Lorne says your not evil, then I won't kill you. But what I do want to know EXACTLY what are you?"

"Alright, tickets please ladies and gentlemen, the backstory unveiling is about to begin." I said sarcastically, sitting onto the edge of Angels Desk. "My name is Roxanne, I used to be just a normal, run of the mill circus performer, back home on my world. One day a goddess, kinda like you.." I point to Illyria. "But less blue, turns up at one of my shows. She gives me this..." I hold up my hand to display the giant emerald ring. "And tells me that I am the 'Traveler'. What is Traveler, you ask. Well I'm going to tell you. A Traveler is a being whose sole purpose is to travel between the parallel universes, to keep the connection alive."

"That's a lot to take in..." Said Lorne.

"I thought by now I'd be immune to weird, but this is a whole new level." Adds Gunn.

"I am a powerful creature." I add for dramatic effect. Sorry, I cannot resist. "But I swear on my ring, I mean you no harm."

"What exactly is it you want from us? What are you doing here?" Questions Spike.

"I don't know yet, ill figure it out soon though. But for starters id just love to hang out."