1.Jaane de mujhe.

A/N: I hope you'll like this short story and Jaane de mujhe means Let me go.
_______________________________
She seems so sad and the reason of her sadness is me.
"Can we go to that park?" She asked almost as a whisper.
I nodded once and she sighed.

I walked slowly, closing the gap between us, and she followed.
But she didn't grab my hand from behind like she used to, and I craved her touch.

I take a seat on a bench and look at her pale face...she stands a few feet away under a tree.
Her eyelids were heavy, and her eyes were visibly teary.
I gulped the gulit and reminded myself that it was all for the better.

We're splitting up.
As the grey dark clouds roll in, I take a quick glance at the sky.
A raindrop falls on my hand, I observe it and feel her gaze on me.
Tears sting into my eyes as exhale a sharp breathe and wipe the side of my cheek slightly with the hem of my jacket.
I looked up,the glistening raindrops on her black hair,
I tried to smile which came out as a grimace, she gave me a tight lipped smile.
I tapped the side of the bench, signaling her to sit with me.
She took timid steps and sat slowly almost closing the distance between us.
"Why are you doing this "she questioned me,tears rolling down her unmarred face.
I glued my eyes on the wet grass, although willing to tell her everything at once.

"Don't you love me too "she spoke in a low voice.
One could clearly make the cracks in her voice.
"Ju-st g..ive me a reason,don't you remember anything"she whispered sobbing.
With every growing second I felt more distant...i gulped the lump down my throat,I tap my fingers on my thigh, my pants soaked and turned black from blue due to the rain.

"Im doing this, because I want to, because I have-"
My voice trailed off when she cupped my face in her hands.
I stiffen and gaze into her chocolate brown eyes soaked with tears.

Uncertain of what and why I'm doing I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Abhishek n..eve-r forge..t that I'll alway-ss be with you, ....still if you don't love me "she spoke, her voice smooth and sounding like music in the pitter-patter of the droplets.

Leaning in, she kissed my forehead and my shoulders loosen up, the calm sensation ran through me.

She rested her forehead on mine.. A little longer and mumbled.
"I had thought we were forever kind of thing"

I wish.

She pulled apart and I quickly miss the warmth radiating from her, of her.
Wiping her face with the back of her hands she risen up.
"Let's go,or there will a rain of my tears" She managed to smile that I noticed didn't reached her eyes.

Brushing the loose lump of wet hair from my forehead backwards,I got up.

She started walking on the path, and I watched her walking away from me.

My heart skipped a beat.
Almost like I've wanted to live in this moment but also wanted to get out of it, I feel myself drawn to her, to her soul,a soul like her deserves to be loved and I can't do that.
Let me go,
I can't stay like this,
I remember everything.
I remember how we met first time in this park.. on a rainy day.
We shared our umbrella..
I watched us turned into friends
Then more than that
And now lovers.
How we planned our future together.
To have eleven kids,a sad smile makes it way to my lips.
Our memories still make me smile,I still feel tingles in my stomach.

Those nights when we listened to our favourite songs with heavy eyelids.
I do remember..
Staring at the falling stars and making wishes.
Crying when I told you how my ex treated me, laughing when we too drunk to do anything else.

"Aren't you coming?"
Shaking my head,I broke out of my trance.
I see her standing side by a taxi.
The wind whistle past us and I suddenly felt cold because of wet clothes.
I stepped forward.

"Sorry "I whispered taking her hands in my hands.
"Please don't go"she said caressing my upper hand with her soft thumb.

"Jaane de mujhe"I said and ironically wrapped my hands around her tightly like it's my last time.

She slipped in the taxi as the rain grew heavier making the window blurry, she slides it down and grasp my hands again.
"Let me go Shanaya "I pleaded and she clutched my hand more tightly.
"No"hurt was laced in her voice.

"Yes"
The taxi started moving and tears again make their way to our eyes.

I feel her fingers slipped from mine.
The taxi now gone, nowhere in view and it was like I've the lost the only reason to live,I couldn't breathe.

I kneeled down defeated,I've let it win and screamed facing the dark sky,feeling the raindrops penetrate my skin.
I had to do that, no matter what,
I can't see her seeing me dying slowly..
I love her more than anyone could ever do.
I have cancer.
And maybe I've let it win over my love for her.

**********

I put his Diary Down, gasping and stifling the scream.
That's why he wanted to leave.
I clutched the side of bed tighter, the room filled with his things, his smell almost gone from there, just like he is.
I stumbled upon this diary on his funeral.
I've always wanted to ask this and now I have my answers but not him.
I tried to forget him,I had to but he only did this so that I don't get hurt... Like it's not hurting me right now.
He loved me,
I closed my eyes.
And the words danced across my mind.
Let me go.