I like you (part 1)

HI GUYS! This is my new book. I am still working on "Wish You Were Better", but it seems like I am facing author's block. So, Enjoy this while I think of a way of finishing the first one. ILY

---------- 

Avery Delton has never been the girl who made getting a boyfriend a priority. All she wanted to do was get through High School and avoid a humiliating scene that would end up on the Internet even though being a YouTube sensation was tempting. She did everything in her limited power to keep a low profile and save her reputation from getting worse than it already is. Avery wasn't capable of being outstanding or out of the box. That is why the greatest achievement she has ever done was to act at her school's rendition of the Wizards of Oz. Dorothy wasn't the role she was gifted with. The witche's crow was the part she had instead. And even that made her self conscious! It would be a lie if one would say Avery is the star receiving the limelight because the only time star and her name will ever be in the same sentence is when her mom orders her to put one on the Christmas tree. And the worst part is that she's Jewish. Celebrating Christma wouldn't be something they would be normally doing, which would leave her with the ones up above the sky-a star too high for her to reach.

She didn't possess a striking look and neither did she have a statuesque figure. All she has is dirty blonde hair, a "towering" height of 5'6, and dark blue orbs. Her thick, wavy lashes would accentuate her face, but her huge and bulky glasses would always get in the way. Avery is what society refers to as a Plain Jane or in the culinary world, a bland recipe.

Her parents, an IT couple are respectfully famous with a wad of cash in every pocket. Michael Delton, her business oriented father, is managing a law firm in the streets of New York, while Emelia Babcock-Delton, her moderately wacky mother, does real estate for a living. They expected her to do tremendous things in her High school career, but she came out short because accomplishing something would require her to get out of her comfort zone. Although disappointment isn't enough to describe the way her parents felt, Avery wouldn't even bother trying, while her older sister, Talia, received numerous praises from their parents. Avery would always be compared to her intelligent, talented, and beautiful sibling. But despite the fact that she wasn't the favourite, her feelings towards her sister remained the same all the way. Her insecurity and lack of charisma was not a big deal for her. In her opinion, that was her safety blanket.

Until one day, she meets a guy, Damien Cole, who changes her entirely. Avery was walking down the corridors of Jefferson high. Beinf the conscious girl that she is, she had her face down on the ground, staring at nothing. Nobody would care to talk to her or even wave her a hi. But, there was one person that convinced her to look up. 10 meters way from her, was a stunningly goregeuos boy. Students, mostly girls, were gathered around him. They were flaunting their extremly short skirts, rubbing themselves against him, and twisted their hair like complete lunatics. Fortunately for Avery, the guy looks more disgusted than interested. He tried hollering his way out of the crowd, but all the hormonal teenagers wouldn't stop shoving their clown-like faces in his way. Whe she had a clearer view of his features, She wouldn't deny that he was jaw dropingly handsome, more athletic than a Kenyan, and seemed to be the type of guy who would know how to solve math equations with both numbers and the alphabet.

For some odd reason, the guy looked st her and shot her a quick glance. Then Every fiber or muscle of her anatomical body went overdrive as he gave her a million dollar smile. She was so ecstatic that her knees started to wobble. It took her days to get over that small gesture. Since she met the guy, analyzation was an activity her brain has been doing for quite sometime now. The male specimen was driving her insane. Each inanimate object around her resembled his face and all the sounds in her surroundings gave her goose bumps because of how similar it was to his.