Chapter 1

Kody sobbed as he held the bleeding boy in his arms. Once white hair was now stained red, normally flushed skin now pale…..Beautiful sectoral heterochromia eyes now far away and lifeless.

"D-don't go. Please, please don't leave me….. Lumine I'm sorry!" He rested his head on the boy's chest, sobs racking through his body. Aiden was on his way but kody didn't know if lumine would make it ...A weak hand stroked his hair and he leaned back quickly to look pleadingly at Lumine.

"K-kody…. D-did i-" Lumine coughed up blood, tears spilling down his cheeks. " did I do a good j-job?" His eyes held the tiniest bit of hope as if his survival depended on Kody's next words.

He swallowed thickly, nodding. "Y-you did an amazing job." He said, keeping his voice as level as he could. Lumine's eyes seemed to gain a bit of life as he smiled weakly. Kody steeled himself before he spoke again. "I'm s-so very proud and lucky to be with you. I never said, but I'm happy I met you." 

Lumines breathing got more ragged, and he smiled as wide as he could. Blood bubbled past his closed lips and he squeezed his eyes shut. Kody felt more warm blood soak his green hoodie. It sickened him to his gut. 'Please don't leave me you're the first person who gave me a chance. You never left me even after the way I treated you.'

"Kody! Lumine!" Kody's eyes widen and he whipped around to see his father, Sherry, Silver, and two witches that worked with him. He felt a lump in his throat and couldn't speak. He could barely breathe, let alone utter a single word about the night's events. The other witches moved Lumine from his arms, much to his discomfort. Silver helped them move the boy to a car, while Sherry and Aiden stayed back with kody. He couldn't speak, the lump growing painful. Sherry rubbed his back carefully, and it was only then that kody noticed he was hyperventilating. 

"Kody, I need you to tell me what happened. It's important that I know who did this to lumine." Aiden sat down to meet his eyes. His voice was soft and understanding. Has rubbed his arm in a gentle manner. The wall kody had put up for years came crumbling down. He broke down, a sad sob coming from the boy.

"I-it was bullies. T-they were m-essing with me. B-but Lumine stop them. H-e" he choked on his words, shutting his eyes and trying to block out the mental images, "He said they c-could be-beat him up and he let them. T-they tried to k- kill him, dad." He gripped his dad's suit, wailing uncontrollably.

"Bullies? Have you and Lumine been lying?!" Sherry shouted in shocked anger. Kody only shrunk in further on himself. Aiden held Kody, standing with him in his arms. 

"We'll talk about it later. Right now we need to worry about Lumine." Serry nodded and they both left to their car. The red-head took the wheel while Aiden held his crying son. He wasn't crying as hard, but he refuses to let go of him.

The car was silent, save for Kody. 'I know It'll only hurt me… but if it's that bad, I don't want to learn about it tomorrow' he thought sadly. His green eyes peered up to his dad's, their eyes met for a moment before Kody looked back down.

"Do you…" He croaked, eyes already filled with tears. "Is Lumine gonna make it? T-there was so much….….." He felt the lump in his throat.

Aiden stopped, looking to Sherry. He hadn't noticed the tears on her face before. "We'll do what we can to make sure he lives." Aiden said slowly. And it was any better than a yes or no. Kody nodded, swallowing the pained sobbed and wiping his eyes. 

"T-thanks. he mumbled, resting his tired eyes. His father held him closer, and maybe if he wasn't so tired he would smile.

-

When he opened his eyes, he found himself in his room. He was in nice clean clothes, and he could see the sun through the open window. But…. Lumine got attacked at night…..' fuck. Greif wrapped its hands around his throat, holding just a little tight.