The Hit List

Davis sang his heart out to Mandy. Crying and laughing at the same time. Still trying to make sense of what had happened. Raymond was in the backseat with the cats, Lucas drove focused on one thing. Andie.

The vehicle was again quiet, just the clanking of the headlight as it slapped the front end.

''Where are we going? Heidorn? Is it around here? Asked Davis.

''No Davis, it is not around here and I am not taking you there as we already discussed. You are going back to the house, we have the cats to look after. Remember them?" Lucas said to to him, hoping he would decide to stay behind peacefully, with the cats.

''No, Raymond can stay here and look after them. I am going with you." There was no room for discussion as far as he was concerned.

''Hey, I don't want to be left out of this. I can be help.'' Squeaked Raymond from the back seat. They both ignored him.

Lucas toyed with his Caddy Computer and called the house once again. Arthur answered and was told to expect a drop off and escort directly to the safe room. Marcus had already left for Heidorn, there would be no screaming match or shredding between him and Davis.

Davis had other plans, he was not going to be left behind to wait and worry. Nope wasn't going to happen. He was going to fight Lucas any way he could.

''Lucas I am giving you a chance to rethink this plan of yours, I am not staying behind doing nothing while Andie is out there somewhere with your insane family. Not happening dude. You can fucking forget about it motherfucker!"

''Must you always use such foul language?'' Lucas asked disgusted.

''Yes, I must.'' Replied Davis.

The Cadillac came to a four way stop, they were the only vehicle. Lucas flipped on the interior lights and Davis faced him. He spoke to him, looking him directly in the eyes.

''You will stay behind and be happy about it. You will take the cats and your friend, wait for me in the safe room, where you will not cause anymore trouble. You will have fun, another fashion show perhaps. I can inform the guards they are to participate with smiling faces. Do you understand."

Davis listened to him, even looked stunned to play along.

''You can kiss my big black boots and you will be happy about it. I am not staying behind motherfucker! I told you I want to be there for Andie! He yelled into Lucas's stunned face.

''How are you not compelled? How is that?" He asked shocked.

''I cant be compelled anymore and neither can Andie and if you bite me, you will puek. If you bite Andie you will puek. So don't even think about it!"

Lucas sat back and shook his head, there was no time to be fighting Davis. He had to get to Heidorn immediately. He drove on and turned into the drive of his estate. He pulled around to the front door where the staff was waiting.

''Take the cats, these two are coming along.''He said to Arthur.

The staff took the cats. They headed out, back on the road in the smashed Caddy.To New Haven, to the gatekeeper. Lucas planning to somehow lose them both once he was in the city.

''Do you have a pen?' Asked Davis. He had a piece of paper in his hand.

''I do, here." Raymond answered.

Davis began to write.

''What are you writing?' Asked Raymond.

''I am making a list.''