Fears and laughs

Her eyes slowly opened. The sun was coming up and in his eyes the sun only shone if she was awake. "Is it over?" Was the first thing she said in the morning. She always said that, and screamed that when she screamed in nightmare's. "It is." he said softly, not making her even more scared. The rebellion was now over for a couple of months. He was amazed by how fast people could pick them self up and go on, like nothing ever happened. She smiled still half a sleep. He could see she was really tired. It was a hard night, multiple night terrors and it had taken lot of effort to get her to believe him that it was all over. It shocked him everytime how she could change in the day. In the night she was scared to death and fragile. At the day she was a strong happy woman. She is stronger than all of us, he thought. He drank to get the demons away. Katniss had her melt downs. And Peeta his bakery. What did she had? Nothing, the capital was no more the capital and her home was destroyed, just as her.

"Maybe we need to do something with the kids today, something fun." she mumbled as she tried to get her wig on. "Maybe, what do you want to do?" He sighed at the sight of her getting her wig on. "To that new park? There is a Ferris wheel. We could go together if you want?" She pinned her hair up and slipped the brightly coloured wig on. "Sure, we will go together" he said and took a sip of his coffee, without any alcohol. It was Effie that needed the help, she had the nightmares. She needed his help. She slipped into a flowy dress and tried to get the zipper up. "Let me help you" he mumbled and stepped closer. "No!" She winched and turned her face to him. "I can do it" she frantically pulled the zipper, but it had gotten stuck. "Effs, i can help you know. Im not some sort of a dumb kid" he took her shoulders into his hands and turned her hard around. He hadn't had seen her sad and humiliated face. He pulled the zipper soft up, and saw the scares that crossed her back. Tears slowly rolled over her face. She wanted to walk away but he had wrapped his arms around her. He leaned with his chin on her shoulder. He knew that silence was the only thing she needed. He held her tightly, if only her broken parts will melt together again, and she would be truly happy again. She smelled sweet.

She tried to let him to let go. He held her too tightly. The tears streamed down her face and panic wrapped around her heart. He finally let her go and she breathed for air. She walked fast out of the room, wig lopsided. "Sweetheart, whats the--" he said, but the front door closed with a big bang.

It felt like hours when she was gone. He was so worried.

It felt like she was back in the capitol. His arms; the straps on that horrible chair. She was always scared, light in the day felt good, but as soon it would get dark she was scared as hell. Only haymitch would make it better, but then when he wrapped his arms around her, it felt so wrong, she was so scared. They needed to do something fun. It was days ago when she was outside, outside was scary. Who would be there? Would someone judge her? Would someone attack her because she reaped one of her children, or siblings? She turned around and walked back to his house. She still couldn't call it home. Her home was in that terrible place, how horrible it was. The door opened, haymitch looking concerned. She knew her eyes were red and puffy. "Sweetheart..." He mumbled. "Its okay." She said quickly. "Please tell me what is wrong!" He said. "Its. Okay." She said again.

They sat awkwardly on the couch, she stared out of the window, he stared at her. He slowly placed his hand on her knee, she winched, but let him. Her blue eyes pierced trough his. A cold look. Full of hate. "I love you." He said unsurely. She mumbled something what heard like she said 'i love you too.'

"Well," she said as happy as possible. "To the park?" He nodded and made himself ready.

They walked together trough the themepark. People were laughing and making fun. "The ferris wheel?" She asked, it was the one thing he wanted to avoid. He wasn't font of heights. "Well..." He said. "C'mon!" She said and pushed him into the little card. "I really don't wa--" the rail clapped closed and the wheel began to turn. "Its fun!" She said and laid her head on his shoulder. Her wig itched his neck, but with the fear he didn't even noticed it. He clenched his hands around the rail, so hard his knuckles turned white. She didn't noticed it and sat straight up again. "Look!" She pointed down, "they all look so tiny!" He grimaced. "Nice." He choked out. She started to wiggle and the card began to swing. "Stop it!" He said. She wouldn't stop. "Effie stop!" He yelled when it would swing even more. She stopped and started to laugh when she saw his terrified face. "Afraid of heights?" She asked and laughed even more. "Well.. No... Yes... Errr..." Her wig was lopsided and it fell off. The bright pink spot landed after seconds onto the ground. Her golden hair fell in front of her face. She gasped, and looked with big eyes of shock down. Now it was Haymitch who let a laugh out. She turned her face to him and looked furious at him. "Haymitch! That is not at all funny!"

"It is!" He laughed. "Well if it is so funny.... You like this!" She stared to swing again. His laugh disappeared. "Stop effs!" He begged. She didn't stop at all. He grabbed her shoulders and pushed her onto his chest. She tried to let him let go. He noticed that she didn't laugh, but tensed. He let her go a little bit. "Its okay, sweetheart, its going to be okay." the card stopped and they where at the highest point. Her fear is far more worse than your fear, he thought. All his attention was going to her. Her arms clenched around him and she sobbed into his shirt. "Shh..." He said. The sun was going under and the sky turned pink. "Look sweetheart." he said with a hushed voice. She looked up, leaving a make-up stain in his brown shirt. She smiled, broken. He softly let his hand go trough her hair. "Its beautyfull..." She whispered. "Just like you." He said with a wide grin. She laid her head onto his shoulder and watched the sun go under. Her hair itched his neck, not artificial this time. The wheel began to turn and they slowly moved in silence down. The sounds of the park softly breezed by. The birds where singing and the laughs where satisfying. It was dark when they came down, the lights of the ferris wheel where on. They walked slowly trough the people. Her hand found his hand, and there hands intertwined. They looked at each other and that was more than words could describe.

"I love you."

Feeeeeeeels! Well do ya like it? A VERY CHEESY END IK. VOTE AND COMMENT!!! (This is a one shot)