Chapter 1

*********************{~~~~Chapter 1~~~}*************************

“Hey Faggot,” Louis smirked; watching Harry enter the building from his spot leaned against a locker. His smirk deepened as Harry lowered his head and continued walking.

                “Ignoring me, are we?” He asked in a mocking tone, grabbing Harry by the back of his backpack. Harry stopped walking, his face emotionless as it usually was when it started. Louis hated that. He hated his emotionless face. It was freshman year when Louis first laid his eyes on that blank face and he’d instantly wanted to change it. He didn’t like the fact that Harry’s eyes were guarded and his face masked. So he hurt him. When Louis hurt him, Harry had emotions. Not good emotions, but still emotions.

                Louis slammed him up against the locker, enjoying the brief look of pain that flashed through his unreadable green eyes and put his face close to Harry’s. “Tell me to stop,” he spat the same line he always did when he hurt Harry, the same line he’d been using for four years, “I’ll stop if you tell me to.” But Louis knew that Harry would never tell him to stop. He never had and never will because Harry didn’t talk. He could talk, Louis knew. He would quietly answer questions when teachers asked or mutter a weak hello when people at the school decided to be friendly and greet him. That didn’t happen often anymore.

                As Louis had assumed, Harry didn’t say anything. He just looked at Louis, almost as if he was looking right through him. Louis hated that. He pulled Harry back and threw him to the ground, a smirk forming on his lips as Harry winced.

                “You could have told me to stop,” he shrugged, before sending a kick to Harry’s side. Harry didn’t wince, or even acknowledge the kick and that made Louis mad. He sent another hard kick right between Harry’s legs, wanting to see his pain. With a grim smile of satisfaction, Louis watched as Harry let out a yelp and curled into a tight ball, clutching at his groin. His face was screwed up in pain and Louis soaked in every bit of emotion he was showing, not even caring that he had caused Harry pain. It had become routine now. Call him a name, beat him, ridicule him whenever the chance arose, beat him once more after school and call him another name before leaving.

                “Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll never have a chance to use that anyway,” Louis smirked, turning and heading for class just as the bell rang.

**************************************{~~~~~~~}***************************************

                Louis sat down in his seat next to Zayn, glad that they had art first period. He hated having boring classes right in the morning because he could never pay attention and ended up doing poorly. Luckily, art was marked on participation... or he hoped it was, otherwise he was going to fail.

                Today their art teacher Mr. Sleep was showing them how to draw real things. He had a small box of toy animals on the table in the middle of the room and everyone had to grab one and attempt to replicate it. Louis picked out a giraffe, figuring it looked like the easiest thing to draw and sat back at his seat, watching as their teacher drew his plastic elephant.

                “We have an assembly today,” Zayn whispered to him, knowing better than to talk loudly when Mr. Sleep was talking.                

                “We do? What for?” Louis asked, surprised. He knew that they were having an assembly tomorrow for breast cancer awareness but he hadn’t known there was a chance to get out of class today as well.