revealed//tmr inspired

Two Years Later

It had been almost two years. Almost two years since the Cracks. Almost two years since we escaped the bunker. Almost two years since I talked to Greer. Almost two years since we tried to rescue Greer. Almost two years.

I remember the morning very clearly. I had fallen asleep with the image of Lavi and Greer signing in my head. I awoke to a man jostling me awake. Greer was gone. We all solemnly boarded a hovercraft of sorts. It had no windows.

When we rode, I felt so odd. Like we were flying upside-down at points. The lack of windows disoriented me.

When we got off, we all parted ways. The man dropped us off on the outskirts of Leviff, where cars were already waiting for us. Everything was so organized. It made me feel important.

Lavi walked to one of the cars silently. He hopped in, presumably told the driver his sector, and sped off.

Glin and I waved goodbye and parted ways. We barely have talked since. I wave to him in the halls occasionally, but that's about it.

I wonder what he is thinking when he waves back. Is he thinking about all the conversations we had. The kiss we shared under the stars. The escapade we went on together. The storm we braved together. How he grabbed my wrist when he sensed danger. That is exactly what runs through my head in those split second waves.

He seemed to have forgotten I exist. Maybe we only became close because we both lost someone. Maybe we were not really friends. I felt like we were. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe he never really thought of me as a friend. Maybe, just maybe.

I remember how my driver sped off into sector 4. It felt so good to be back home. To see the sun glinting off the silver skyscrapers towering overhead. I did notice that the drive was significantly shorter than normal. The edge had receded. It made me want to cry. When do the Cracks come enough that there is nothing left? I hastily pushed the question out of my mind, not wanting to linger on it.

On the drive, I saw several construction areas, most likely rebuilding things that suffered from the Cracks.

When I arrived at my house it was madness. Harron didn't really give us much information. That morning, he had told us that the rest of our group would be returning as well.

I knocked cautiously on the door. My heart sank when I realized my dad wouldn't be opening it for me. It still catches me off guard that he isn't here.

My mom opened the door, her eyes slightly puffy and red. She immediately enveloped me into a warm hug. I squeezed her so tight.

"Hazel! Where? Your sisters are here too. Thank God your okay too. What- tell me what happened?" She rushes out.

"Okay." I stepped inside, and proceeded to recount every detail of our story. Only leaving out the parts about me and Glin.

I learned that my sisters and their group just stayed in a room like ours. Val had looked after both of my sisters. Wren told me that since our group had Lavi, that they would stay put, and leave us to the plan. The plan that we had failed to go through with.

Ch 1 I ran through the halls of my school, which still felt strangely new, even though I had been here for about a little over a year now. I was grateful to have my life back to normal. Well, as normal as it can be when Cracks are slowly eating away at your Earth.