Janet at Steve's Door

"I just wanted to say one thing." Janet thought as she rehearsed what she might say to Steve. She pressed the doorbell.

The doorbell rang, but nothing else happened for a moment. Her stomach churned as she worried if she did the right thing in coming. She wasn't sure if interrupting a date was the right thing to do.

She then remembered what Laura had told her earlier in the day about going for what you want and she had already put so much into the effort of coming over there that she felt like she needed to finish what she started. She also thought about the travels to the restaurant warranted moving forward. And of course she didn't want to waste wearing a dress that would make any man forget the woman he was with.

Some lightning lit up the sky. Janet realized that if she didn't decide what she was going to do soon, she would probably have some rain to deal with.

She then in an act of firm courage pushed the doorbell again.

Tina opened the door. "And what do you want?" Tina said angrily.

Janet knew she was the one intruding and spoke in an apologetic tone. "Tina, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to...well, I just want to."

"What the hell are you doing here?" Tina yelled.

"I know if I were you I would be angry too, but I had to come, I have to talk to Steve."

Some thunder crackled and some more lightning streaked across the sky.

"Can I come in?" Janet asked. "It is about to rain." She continued.

"And why do you think Steve wants to talk to you?" Tina said ignoring Janet's request.

"I don't..." Janet answered.

"Open the door wider." Steve commanded.

Tina opened the door wider and there was Steve. Janet felt some excitement that immediately turned to disappointment as she saw that Steve's face and the collar of his shirt was smeared with red lipstick.

"Steve, I'm sorry to come here but, I needed..."

"You said that." Steve cut her off.

"I know but, I just have to say that I was wrong, I didn't mean to lead you on, I should have taken your feelings into consideration. I..."

"So you came over here to apologize for kissing me? And this couldn't wait till tomorrow?" Steve said.

Janet looked over at Tina and really thought that this was a mistake as Tina smirked. Janet still stood at the front door.

Janet fought back tears as she tried again. "No, I didn't just want to apologize for kissing you. No, I mean I didn't want to apologize for kissing you. I want to apologize for the way I treated you. Just forgive me, I can't have you angry with me." Janet said as tears began welling up in her eyes.

"I'm not angry at you." Steve said. "I am just not sure why you are here, are you going to tell me why you are here interrupting my date." Steve said.

"That's what I want to know, say what you are going to say and go on home." Tina said.

Janet grabbed her arm and rubbed it, thinking desperately about what she would say. She knew she loved him, but she was still not ready to say it. She thought quickly about their interactions and she certainly had fallen in love, but Steve was not the one who she thought she would have been with. Terry was the one. Or maybe someone like Michael. But not Steve. Not Him.

She stood there silently and then the tears turned into a flood as she yelled, "I'm sorry." She ran back towards her car. As a few drops of rain hit her.

"Good bye and Good riddance." Tina said while slamming the door shut.

***

"What are you doing?" Steve yelled at Tina.

"I'm shutting the door." Tina said with a smirk.

"No one told you to slam the door shut."

Tina laughed, "So you still want to fool with that crazy sista?"

"Well, the only 'crazy sista' I see is standing right here in front of me." Steve said mocking her with the words.

"Well she gone, how does the song go, 'if you can't have the one you love, love the one you with.'" Tina said.

Steve ran over to the door and opened it. And walked out the door. He didn't even wish to acknowledge what Tina was saying. He immediately understood why Michael steered clear of her.

A streak of lightning lit up the sky and some thunder roared. The light drops of rain began to get heavier.

Steve saw Janet's car backing out of the driveway. She was only about 10 feet from him he yelled. "Janet, Stop."

"Get back here Steve, I ain't done talking." Tina said.

Steve ignored Tina. He began to run to Janet's car as big drops of rain hit him.

"Well good bye to your dumb ass too!" She said as she slammed Steve's door.

Steve however ran towards Janet's car. "Stop, Janet." However, Janet's car windows were up.

When Janet stopped looking backwards and turned around Steve's eyes met Janet's. Janet's car stopped abruptly.

Janet jumped out of the car and ran towards Steve. Steve ran towards her and Steve kissed her.

They stood there as the rain pelted the two with large drops of never-ending rain but Steve just held her and kissed her in the rain.

"I..." Janet began to say something.

The rain continued to pellet them making them have to yell to be heard.

Steve interrupted her. "I love you, I need you, I want you."

Janet yelled, "I love you Steve."

They kissed again.

They ran back to Steve's apartment. Steve tried to door and realized that Tina had locked him out.

Steve rang the door bell.

Tina didn't answer.

Steve rang it again.

Still no answer.

Right when Janet was about to ring again the door opened and Tina walked out leaving the door ajar.

She walked right by the two of them with Steve recognized as his umbrella. She ran over to her car and drove off.

Janet and Steve rushed into the apartment.

Janet melted into Steve's arms as he kissed her again.

Steve looked at her, "Well, since your hair is already messed up from the rain, I think I am really going to enjoy what happens next."

Janet asked, "And what is that?"

"You'll see." He said as he took her hand and led her back to his bedroom.

***

Hey are you enjoying the story, then why not give me a vote or leave a comment.

Remember, the Office Surprise series will continue. You don't want to miss what Penny, Tina, Michael, Laura, and of course Janet and Steve still are doing. But the title of this story is Ashley's Turn. Check it out at http://www.wattpad.com/story/24664804-ashley%27s-turn-the-office-surprise-an-interracial

You also want to read our new series entitled The Agency. http://www.wattpad.com/story/24627881-the-vacation-the-agency-book-1-an-interracial

🎉 You've finished reading Another Man (The Office Surprise an Interracial Romance Book 2) *COMPLETE* 🎉