Under The Sheet

UNDER THE SHEET.....

"Three thousand five hundred!!" yelled someone from the corner of the room. God, I groan softly, what have I got myself into. I don't how I managed to get myself agreed to be auction in this charity. Oh, yeah I agreed to do it for charity and my grandma has managed to coax me into agreeing doing it. Damn that convincing old lady. Now I found myself being auction and most of the buyers are old ladies just around my grandma age. They all looked at me like the wanted to eat me.

"Three thousand five hundred going once...." yell the auctioneer and I heard everyone mumbling softly. After 5 minutes later she repeated, "Going twice...." and 5 minute after that, she knocked her table and yelled, "Sold to buyer no. 40," and everyone clapped. "Thank you everyone. That's the last person. I'm very happy to inform everyone that we have managed to collect USD25,000.00 from the auction and that's a good collection, I would say. Again, thank you everyone and good day."

The ten of us that was auctioned waited in line for our buyer to approach us. I saw a familiar old lady approached me with a smile on her face, "Edna?" I called looking at her.

"Yes, my dear, it me," she said sweetly, "Aren't you glad it's me."

"Of course I do," I told her kissing her wrinkle cheek. "How are you? And how is everyone?"

"I'm fine and so does everyone including Myra," she winked at me.

I gave her a small smile upon hearing that name, "That's good to know. I'll go and take my bag at the back."

"Alright," she smiled sweetly, reminded me of someone, "Meet me back here. I'll go and settled the money."

"Yes ma'am," I nodded my head and taking my bag from the back stage. A few minute later I meet her up at the front door.

"Come, honey, let's go now," she said all smiled at me.

"Where are we going?" I asked her.

"To my house, of course," she replied, "I want to you paint one of the room."

"Oh, ok," I nodded my head but couldn't help but felt nervous; nervous that I would meet someone there.

Edna was my ex-fiancée's grandmother. Yes, ex-fiancée, Myra. We broke up a couple of months ago because she caught me with another girl. I tried to explain but she wouldn't listen to any of my explanation. She threw the ring at my face, yelling that she didn't want to see me again and ran out of the door. She didn't give me a chance to explain what's going on. She shut herself from me. She didn't even answer my calls, reply my SMSes or e-mails. She even refused to see me. Finally I give up on her. I didn't see her anymore even though I still miss her like crazy.

Edna stays on her own and sometimes, Myra will come and visits her. Maybe I have the chance to see her again but I wouldn't put so much hope on that. Myra would never want to see me again. That's I'm very sure.

"Here, we are," she said as she parked the car waking me up from my trance. I got out from the car and help her carried the things she bought into the house. She smiled looking at me, "You are so gentlemen," she praised while unlocking and opened the door for me.

"It's nothing Edna," I said to her, placing the things on the table in the kitchen for her. It seems like nobody was at home. "So where do want me to paint?"

"Oh, it's the second room upstairs," she pointed upstairs. "Come let me take you there," she walked out of the kitchen with me on her tail. "I've wanted the room to be painted for such a long time, but I don't know anyone who can do it for me. That's the reason why I went to the auction, I wanted to find a strong young man to help me and lucky for me I found out you are there. I wouldn't want someone I don't know inside my house. You can't trust anyone nowadays.