Prince(s) - A Zouis one shot

Once upon a time far far away, there was a land divided in five kingdoms. In the north lived Prince Niall, in the east prince Harry, in the west prince Liam, in the south prince Zayn and Prince Louis lived in the kingdom that was in the middle. This is a story about Prince Louis.

One day Queen Donna and King Mark, Prince Louis’ parents, decided to host a ball so that their son could find a princess and become the new king of Middeltonia. They decided to call it the ‘One Direction’ ball. Prince Louis had disagreed on this idea, but no matter how much he fought and pleaded it was no use. The day after the discussion the invitations had been sent out to all the other kingdoms and to the people the King and Queen thought were good enough. 

It was the day before the ball and instead of getting ready for it, Louis was wandering around in the castle’s big garden. There was a big, dark forest behind the castle. Even though Louis wasn’t allowed to wander or even be somewhere near the forest, he still went there when he was bored or needed some time off from his family. 

Louis made his way through the forest before the craving to kill someone or throw a fit got too strong. His parents had been nagging about the ball for a whole week, and how important it was to find someone suited to be his queen. If they mentioned it one more time, Louis wasn’t sure what he’d do. Was it so bad that he wanted to fall in love first? 

Louis got so agitated that he kicked a rock so that it fell in the lake that was in the middle of the forest, but instead of the “SPALSH” he expected to hear, he got an “OUCH!” in it’s place. 

“Hello..?” Louis whispered, afraid of what might answer him. He had heard all about the rumours that said the forest was cursed and that a bunch of ugly and evil monsters lived here. 

“Hello!” Louis said a bit louder when he got no response. Louis was starting to think he’d imagined it all when he heard someone reply.

“That hurt, mister,” a weak voice said. 

Louis stepped closer trying to identify the creature that had answered him. He didn’t see anything, but jumped when he saw a little pink frog jump towards him. 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know anyone was here..,” Louis apologized to the little frog. 

“It’s okay mister, I’m used to people ignoring me and not seeing me,” the frog said with a sad voice. 

“Don’t you have any friends?” Louis asked. 

“No, no one sees me and they always forget about me since I’m so small,” the pink frog whispered so low that Louis almost didn’t catch it. 

Louis looked at the sad little frog and felt bad for it. He knew how it was not to have any friends. 

“Just because you’re small, doesn’t mean that you don’t matter,” Louis said with a soft voice. 

The little frog looked up at him with teary eyes. “Thank you so much mister, no one’s ever said that to me before,” the frog smiled shyly.

“No need to thank me, I was just telling the truth!” Louis grinned at the frog. “ Also, since we’re friends now you can call me Louis!” 

The frog started crying and grinned back, “Th-thank you so much mister err- Louis!” 

Louis only grinned and sat on a rock that was seated near the lake. 

“Can I ask you something, mister.. I mean Louis?” The frog asked shyly, jumping towards where Louis was sitting. 

“You can ask me anything now! That’s what it means to be friends!” Louis answered, still grinning.