Chapter one Breaking

A cherry tree symbolizes many things death, rebirth, and love this is the story of how a boy was saved out of the love in someone elses heart. 

I never enjoyed being the bully but when you where the only son of parents that owned a computer company well they expected you to be great, popular, happy, smart. Now this exuses sound weak even to me here's the reason I stopped being bully this reasons name is Daniel. 

Now me I had a group of friends who were popular their names are Jason and Louis. Jason had curly light brown hair and the lead of the group, Louis was his right hand man he liked picking victims, me I had messy blond hair and hazel eyes I just followed what they did. To put is striaght Jason and Louis are bully's but they did it for fun they enjoyed it I could never enjoy the sick screams of whatever freshman kid was being beat up this time. 

Daniel he was an easy target for Jason and Louis he was the new kid small and bashful he had dark black hair and light brown eyes he wasn't suspisious of anyone, I still remember that day it started and god I wish I had done something that day. 

We were in the hallway Daniel bumped into Jason and quickly apoligized but before he walked away Jason grabbed his backpack yanking his backpack back Daniel spilled his books and yelped. Where do you think your going punk Louis said smirking. To put it simple Daniel got beat up and bad I remember watching him run away after bleeding in acouple places. Daniel was in almost all of our classes and Jason and Louis seemed to have marked him as a target. 

Even writing this hurts, most didn't seem to notice Daniel or they just didn't care but I noticed him. I watched like the monster I was as Daniel got quieter, and sadder, he stopped smiling, he stopped eating alot, he wasn't outgoing anymore, he dressed in black often trying not to be in anybodys way, he always wore long sleeves and I had a sickining feeling I knew why. Daniel braved every day he stopped running when we aproached just waited for us to finish and leave him to pick up his books there was not one day he wouldn't come back bruised from yesterday's beating. 

But like every strong brave warrior he broke down I remember it so clearly that day it was a wensday it was the end of the school day Jason, Louis and me had just finished up but before Jason let Daniel go he grabbed a marker and wrote Faggot on Daniels forehead. Daniel took of like a shot as soon as Jason and Louis let him go I heard him sobbing. Jason and Louis laughed and called out names as he ran off they headed out to todays football game where everyone else was but I didn't I had to check on Daniel It was the first time I heard him sob like that in ages. I heard broken sobbing coming from the boys bathroom. I looked inside god I will never forget that sight it breaks my heart everytime I think about it. 

Daniel was standing in front of a mirror his sleeves pulled up, a knife on the sink, His rolled up sleeves revealed scars of cuts he'd left on himself he'd carved the words Faggot and Worthless on his arms he hadn't washed of the marker on his forehead and he opened a pill bottle and poured a handful into his hand, I ran in and knocked the bottle and the pills out of his hands and held him against me he struggled aganist me screaming and sobbing he yelled why can't you just let me die. I felt my heart break I was a monster had I done this to him I had pushed a human being to the brink of death. I felt my stomach twist into a knot seeing those words I had called him along with Jason and Louis carved into his arms I felt sickened by myself. He stopped stuggling and just sobbed in my arms I had tears in my eyes and I whispered I'm sorry and held him closer until now I had not noticed how much I missed his smile. 

Daniel looked exasuted do you want me to take you home I asked Daniel shook his head gulping down sobs my parents aren't home he said quietly. I understood he didn't want to be alone and honestly I didn't want him to be alone ether. I'll take you to my house then I said. Why do you care Daniel snapped. I don't want you alone okay lets head to my house now Daniel didn't argue. I cleaned up the mess but the pills and the knife in a bag, Daniel pulled his sleeves down and I lead him outside I dumped the bag in a dumpster and then lead Daniel to my car. 

Daniel was quiet in the car I glanced at him and I asked him if he was okay. Fine he answered in a  emotionless voice. You are not "fine" I don't have to be a genius to know that Daniel how long I said gustering to his wrists. None of your buisness Daniel answered quietly. I sighed and decided to give up on talk and just watched him out of the corner of my eyes. Daniel was so pale and skinny I wished deeply that I could just redo it from the begining. 

From the author:

James may have not made the right choice in time but you can save somebodys life you might not know it but you can be someones hero you could save these 3.2 millon kids that are bullyed from a tragic end. A little love goes a long way I would know until I was 10 the kids in the street through rocks at me even my own sister. In third grade my sisters best friend hit me across the face with a stick. In fourth grade my friend abandoned me. In 5th grade my friend made up rumors about me I was called a slut. Bullying has a big impact on me not just because it happend to me but because I know a girl who tried to kill herself because of it, I know a boy that moved away because of it all of them from my school. Now I stand tall proud bold and loud. 1 out of 4 teachers see nothing wrong with bullying 2 out of ten teachers will do somthing about it when they see it. Please stop bullying from the author.