Heartbeat

(THORIN POV.)

"Thranduil?" I ask while he did not move a muscle.

"Thranduil... My Flower, Wake up please." I ask again, he did not awoke.

I touched the bandage from the left side of his face.

It was bloody again.

"Thranduil... Are you ever going to wake up for me?" I ask him with a sigh of pain and grief.

Why is my Flower so cracked? He did not deserve this pain. Any pain.

We came so far together, we tried and lost so much. It doesn't have to end. We did so much for us to survive.

Love is enough for us to survive.

He is all I have. I don't need gold! I need his gold hair. I need no diamonds, I need his big eyes to open. I need no money, I need his hands to hold me. I need no power, I need him to tell me he is alright.

Why did this happen?

I remember that we were in battle. All of us.

He too. It was nice to have my lover by my side.

Until his face changed.

I saw this only one time in my life. And I remember the painful look really well.

"THRANDUIL!" I yelled for him, but it was too late. He fell unconscious on the ground, with his scar exposed.

I rushed over him and took him to the healing wing.

His scar was a weak point of Thranduil.

This all happened three weeks ago.

Three weeks.

No sign of life, except for his heartbeat and breath.

No sign of my lover, complaining, hating, ruling, singing, eating, dancing, feeling, loving, bathing, hoping, laughing, jumping, screaming, riding, drinking, smelling, seeing, walking, being, going, wearing, wanting... I miss all of it.

No sign of life, only a heartbeat and breath.

We are loosing him more and more everyday.

The last thing he said to me, before battle was: 'love is for us enough to survive.'

"Thranduil... My Flower. Come back." I say again.

Silence

"Thranduil... Don't leave me here." I say and kiss his lips, half bandage and half dry and exposed.

I leaned on the edge of the bed with my elbows.

His eyes were closed. As three weeks ago.

His body was dying. Going.

I took his hand in mine.

"You are wearing our wedding ring." I say to him, while a sound of clicking metal against each other sounded while our rings touched.

Yes he loved our rings.

Our rings matched so beautifully good.

"If you die... I will not last long." I assured him with a sad smile on my face.

"And I will follow soon enough after you." I said with tears in my eyes.

Our hands locked together. As on our wedding. When he was so scared of loosing all of his nerves that he had to hold my hand.

It was a big step for us. A marriage.

Now again, our hands locked. He has to take a big step now.