The Duke's Revenge

Elsa smiled. She felt so blessed. Watching her sister play with Olaf was something she never thought she could do. She placed her hands on the window ledge, not worrying about the ledge thawing over. She giggled as Olaf toppled over and sent Anna flying down with him. They landed in a heap on the grass. Elsa sighed happily and walked over to the mirror. She ran her hands through her platinum blonde locks, and began to braid it quickly. When the French braid was done, she gently waved her hand over her hair and a few crystal snowflakes appeared. She smiled. Her magic made beautiful hair clips.

Anna and Olaf looked up and saw Elsa approaching.

"Hey sis, wanna play?" laughed Anna, standing up to face her. Elsa chuckled softly.

"Sorry Anna. I have business to do. I'm still trying to get the Duke of Weselton to sign that peace treaty. He simply won't agree, says we have 'unfinished business' to attend to or something," she explained. Anna nodded thoughtfully.

"Ha, well I bet you could 'finish' him off with a blast of ice, don't you think?" she laughed, nudging her grinning sister. Elsa blushed, clasping her hands.

"I gotta admit, I'd love to," she replied playfully. "But the only way I can actually finish this is depending entirely on whether I can use the pen properly and write a good letter back, persuading him to just let it go." Elsa then smiled to herself, inwardly humming her own tune, 'Let it Go.' A mischievous grin then crossed Elsa's red lips. She waved her hand over the ground and a sheet of sky blue ice appeared. Anna and Olaf gasped with delight. With another push of her palms, twinkling sparks shot from them and frothed up into fluffy white snow, a few inches deep. Anna and Olaf dived into their winter wonderland, shrieking like children. Elsa took one step forward, yearning to jump in too, but she caught herself. She had to sort things out with the duke, otherwise she could never relax. She turned on her heel and left her sister and friend to play.

Settling down at her desk, Elsa reached over for her quill and dipped it into the black ink. She breathed in slowly and looked at the page. It was so blank. She wished it was all filled out for her, full of the perfect things to say. She hadn't a clue what to write in a formal letter that was to be sent to a greedy, revenge-hungry duke. But she had to put her head down and get on with it.

Two hours later, a very long and tedious two hours later, Elsa finally sealed the envelope. She wrote down the address and scoffed at it. Poor duke. Stuck in a place called Weselton... It sounded way too much like Weaseltown. At least she was Queen of Arandelle, a graceful and melodic name. She licked the stamp and stuck it on the right-hand corner, stood up, and was just about to head for the door when a feminine voice entered her ear.

"Good afternoon, your highness. May I come in?"

Elsa froze. It wasn't a familiar voice. It was husky and put on to sound very dangerous. "Umm....alright," she agreed hastily. The woman put one foot in, and then shimmied the rest of her body inside Elsa's quarters. Elsa gaped at her.

She was wearing a shiny black skintight dress, with an extremely high split up to the thigh. On her feet were black stiletto heels that gleamed with each step she took. Her hands and arms were adorned with black velvet elbow-length gloves. She leaned against the wall.

"How did you get in?!" asked Elsa with horror. The woman simply smirked.

"I scaled the walls," she replied, her piercing green eyes scanning the room. Elsa nodded slowly- she was obviously an imposter. But the best thing now was to keep her composure.

"Who are you, and what do you want?" she demanded authoritatively.

"The names' Vixie- Vixie Clantan... And I'm here to take one thing and one thing only." She paused for a minute and looked Elsa right in the eye. "Your life."