1 (After)

Maybe I'm not cut out for this. I've seen all the movies. Read all the books. Played all the games. Never did I think I would actually be here. There's always been a little voice in the back of my skull cheering for this to happen, but Jesus Christ she's so wrong. Dr. Mine starts to crawl towards me, forgetting everything he's ever known about physical science. Forgetting the fact that his body cannot penetrate the beautifully carved oak table that stands in between us. Forgetting that the human digestive system is not optimized for the consumption of other human parts. Our digestive tracts are too long. This is taking too long. 3 breaths. I give myself 3 breaths before I jump onto the chair behind me whilst wielding the shiniest pair of scissors my eyes have ever landed on. I spring myself towards the corpse formerly known as Dr. Mine and tackle him to the ground. I can feel his weight lifting towards me with all the might of a rocket at take off. I grit my teeth and manage to jab the scissors through his left eye. Stillness came over him. With my eyes squinted, I yank the scissors out and jam them through his right eye. Just in case. I'm about 72% sure that I'm going to vomit, but I don't. Instead, I wipe my scissors off on Dr. Mine's green flannel and make a left out of the room.