Angels Fall

"Love is old

Love is new,

Love is all,

Love is you."

Mika

"I worked harder and accepted more commitments than I could just so I can fly back here. I came to see you after one of your classes. I wanted to ask you to give us one last shot, but I saw you in another man's arms.

Later on, nalaman ko na lang na kayo pala..."

"When was this?"

"Just after New Year."

He was my professor then. Nag-resign siya from his position just so he could be with me. He sacrificed so much even though he knew I wasn't over you back then.

But back then, we weren't together. He was consoling me, because he could see how much I'm killing myself kakabuhos ko sa pag-aaral. Back then, I was doing anything and everything I can just to forget the pain.

We tried to make it work, pero I can't forget you and I realized it wasn't fair to him already. So he let me go.

These were the words I wanted to say to him, pero what's the point? He's with somebody else now. I just hope he's happy.

"I see." I said.

"That's all? That's all you have to say?"

"We were broken up back then, you chose to leave for your dreams, and I didn't wanna be an obstacle so I let you... I let us go. What more do you want from me?"

-

Kiefer

I wish pinigilan mo ko. I would've given everything for you back then, one word and I would have. I would give up anything to be with you again. I will give anything.

But I guess my pride could only take so much beating.

"Nothing, I guess there's really nothing left to say. Is there?"

Please don't let me go again, please. Please!

She drank the remainder of her coffee, wiped her lips with her handkerchief. And she looked me in the eye "I guess not. Goodbye Kiefer, be happy."

How can I?

My hands clenched under the table, I pressed my lips together, trying to hold back the words I really wanted to tell her. I just nodded then she looked away and left.

I saw she left her handkerchief, I decided to leave it here. I don't need any reminder.

I was out the door already before I returned to our table to get her handkerchief and quickly escape from that place.

-

Mika

I feel numb, my hands felt so cold from the harsh winter.

This isn't home. This has never been home, not for the three years I've moved here. This is my own brand of hell. This is my punishment, for being a coward, for not fighting.

Once I sat on the train, it all hit me then, that I finally closed our chapter. There's really no going back. And right then, it just hit me all at once. I couldn't contain the tears nor the painful sounds coming from me. I didn't care.

A pair of hands lent me a handkerchief... my handkerchief?

-

We did not talk. I can't I was afraid to burst the bubble we seem to find ourselves in. From the train, to the short walk to my block, as I opened my door.