The Nine-Tailed Human: Chapter 11

Kiba couldn't help but shudder at the cold that crept up his spine as he opened his eyes; the pure white room was unlike anything he'd ever seen. Two blurry figures stood a fair distance from him, the outline of nine tails showing themselves as his eyes adjusted to the room.

"Kitsune," His voice felt weak, his whole body felt weak. "Kitsune..!" He repeated, seeing the ears atop the girls' head twitch slightly.

"Kiba?" Her voice projected throughout the room, but was soft enough to bring Kiba back to the times where he'd give anything to just sit and watch her smile. "Kiba, what are you doing here?" She asked, taking a step towards him. "You're bleeding..." She muttered, holding her hand out towards him.

"I don't care," he smiled, desperately willing his body to react to her extended hand. "I... I can't move..."

"That's because you're inside the belly of the beast," A voice chirped from behind Kitsune, her single tail lashing playfully.

"Who're you..?" The girl smiled playfully, the anger Kiba begged to rise falling back as he looked from Kitsune to the girl. "What is this," he asked, his breath coming out in ragged gasps between words, "where am I?"

"Uh-oh," the girl chirped, wiggling her finger in front of her mouth, "you're so full of questions," she rocked back on her heels, plopping her feet flat and bending down to Kiba's height. "How will we ever will we answer so many, when your life is about to run out?"

"No-" Kitsune whined, attempting to take a step towards Kiba, looking down as she failed to do so, seeing her feet melding into the floor beneath them. Kiba's eyes were brimmed with the emotion she had longed to feel her entire life, the reason for life in any being...

"I love you," he murmured, his head falling to the side and his breathing slowing.

"Say your goodbyes..." her former self whispered, the childish façade she'd been displaying disappearing at the sight of the dying boy, "we're all about to be swallowed up."

"N-no," Kitsune cried, the smell of blood finally reaching her, and the sound of breathing had become inaudible, "there has to be something I can do," she pleaded with the girl, pulling at her own leg angrily. "You can't expect me to just sit here and let him die," her voice quivered, her leg sinking further into the floor, "please, save him!"

The girl remained silent, seemingly oblivious to Kitsune's pleading, her eyes closing slowly as her body was enveloped with the white surrounding them. Kitsune watched, horrified, as the girl simply disappeared from sight, her scent completely gone from the room.

"Kiba... please..." she begged, falling to her knees as the white continued to devour her leg, "please don't leave me..." she could barely make out her own voice, the room quivering around them, the white of the walls breaking off like glass and shattering against the floor.

Her knees sunk into the white, her finger-tips following soon after as more of the walls began falling and shattering around them, the shards thrown at Kitsune simply passing through her. I'm tired... her vision blurred, the disgruntled body in front of her forming into the silhouette of the body that had saved her from some stupid bear so long ago.

His hand reaching towards her, a smile on his face, a voice flowing through her mind as her vision faded to black.

... Stupid fox.

"Kiba!" His eyes fluttered open, his limbs responding slowly to his commands, "oh god, we thought you were..." his hands pushed him upwards, the ground beneath him stained with blood... his blood.

"I can see why you thought that," he gave a dry laugh, receiving nothing in return, "oh, come on, that was funny," his hand gave out beneath his weight, his torso having a glorious reunion with the blood-soaked ground.

"Please sit still until Sakura arrives," a voice spoke in his ear, a hand lying on his shoulder and giving it a gentle squeeze, "you've lost a... lot of blood," his voice was hesitant, "just take it easy for a minute."

Kiba...?

"Yes?" He inquired, looking up towards his comrades, seeing only confusion in their eyes, "w-what happened to the... fox, thing?"

It's gone.

"It's gone," the voices overlapped, stinging his ears for a brief moment, "I-I think we defeated it," Naruto stammered, "it kind of just... disappeared, and when we got to where it was before it disappeared, you were here."

Don't be alarmed. The voice was incredibly comforting, raising the question – why would he be alarmed? I love you, Kiba. Tears sprung to his eyes at the confession, his fist pounding against the ground angrily as he realized who the voice belonged to.

"Are you in pain?" Kakashi questioned, grabbing ahold of his hand and giving it a soft shake.

"... Yes."