i.

The Most Beautiful Eyes I Have Ever Seen.

A small 'ring' sounded as yet another customer entered the lively coffee shop 'The Little Cup' the smell of freshly made pastries, and coffee beans invading said customers nose, and the sounds of clicking and clacking from laptops, and chattering friends vibrating around the cutesy little corner shop. Over in the corner, there was a 20 something year old ticking away at his laptop, his eyebrows furrowed as he tried to finish his essay. Over near the counter were an old married couple with the look of people who had worked hard their whole lives, sharing pastries and sipping on cups of tea. In the cue there were a flux of different people made up of Business men, grungy teenagers, and soft shooed university students. All staring decisively at the mix of pastries and tasty treats behind the glass case. At the heart and soul of 'The Little Cup' was the lilac haired barista, Eoghan Cairney, a lively young Irish boy, described as 'does not use full potential' in school. However here in the little coffee shop he looked as happy as Larry, with a dimpled smile on his young face, and a blue apron tied expertly around his torso, he couldn't have looked more at home.

Today was a slow day for 'The Little Cup', and if Eoghan was honest he was quite glad, especially since he had an English essay that was due yesterday to finish. The Mullingar native hummed quietly to himself as he tapped his cheap 'stolen from a teacher' pen against the slightly chipped counter rhythmically. Eoghan didn't really care about school, it "Wasn't his thing,". He wanted to be out there, travelling the world, meeting new people. But, instead here he was stuck in a small town called Doncaster, failing his GCSE's and being constantly berated by his overly Christian Mother, and older sister. There was a soft ring from the door, cutting his thoughts off and Eoghan lifted his head, gathering up his papers and shoving them under the counter along with his half eaten bagle.

"Hi there, how may I help-" Eoghan cut himself off, going silent. His eyes widening and his mouth forming a small 'o' shape. There standing in front of him was the most beautiful boy he'd ever laid his eyes on. The boy was tall - taller than himself anyway - with chestnut coloured hair that looked almost as fluffy as the pink candy floss you got at the carnival. His shoulders were broad, yet his figure was thin and lanky. He had a slightly awkward air around him, and he was slightly slumped over, as if trying to hide. However what really got Eoghan were his eyes, oh his eyes. They were a mesmerizing molten gold colour, and looked as sweet as honey. However, they looked sad. Eoghan couldn't help but wonder how someone so beautiful could be so sad. "you?" He finished, his cheeks turning bright red as he straightened up his posture, and wiped his clammy hands against his apron, and ohmygod he was drooling. But then as Eoghan wiped his chin, and looked back up the boy was gone, and instead in his place there was an empty space with the lingering smell of apple scented body wash. Eoghan sighed and frowned slightly his shoulders dropping. What just happened? Eoghan asked himself. Plus, why was he sad that he couldn't stare into the beautiful eyes anymore, and wow when did he started referring to guys as beautiful?

There he was again, and Eoghan could barely take his eyes off of him as he seated himself over in the corner beside the window, his hands cuddled around a mug. What caught Eoghan's attention most though, was that his eyes still looked as sad as they did the last time Eoghan seen him. The peculiar haired boy sighed and rubbed his eyes, before frowning. Why was he so obsessed with this boy? Why couldn't he get him out of his head? It wasn't like he had a crush on him. The past few weeks he'd tried to do anything to find the boy, checked Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, hell even MySpace! But there was nothing, and why was he so infatuated with this boy? Eoghan had never been attracted to boys in his life. But...he'd never really been attracted to girls either. No! he was not gay, and that was final! The barista frowned, moving over to the sink to wash the dishes. If he was gay (he wasn't) would it really matter? That's it boy, you really asking to go to hell aren't you! Eoghan cringed, physically flinching at the sound of his Mother's baritone voice. After everything your Father and I have don for you, that's how you repay us? He could just imagine coming out to his parents. The screaming and shouting. He would definitely be kicked out. Why can't you be more like your sister! That was it, Eoghan's final decision. He wasn't gay, he would never be gay, and he would never have anything to do with that boy again. But then suddenly someone tapped Eoghan's shoulder, and he let out an unmanly shriek, soapy water flying everywhere.

"I'm not gay!" He yelled, his chest rising and falling dramatically and his eyes wide as he stared at his co-worker. Well done you idiot. He groaned in his head before wiping his hands and nervously apologizing, dropping to his knees to pick up the broken glass and hide his red face.

Eoghan sighed, his shoulders slumped and his eyes slightly drooping slightly as he sat in the staff room nervously, waiting for his boss to get here. He had had had no sleep, and now he was convinced that his boss was going to fire him. All because of that boy. If he had never have met him he wouldn't be here, waiting to lose his job. Suddenly, the door opened and his boss, Mrs. Grace, an old women with a kind wrinkled face, greying hair and cute little cardigans, hobbled into the room.

"Hello Eoghan, thank you for waiting," She smiled, while taking a seat. "Now before you go crazy. You aren't fired-" Eoghan let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "-but I do want to talk to you," She smiled softly, while clasping her hands together in the table in front of her. ". I am going to say something that I really want you to remember Eoghan Cairney. There are three things in life you cannot recover; The word after it is said; the moment after it is missed, and the time after it's spent." Mrs. Grace smiled kindly at him, and Eoghan stared at the women his eyes wide and awake and his heart fluttering slightly at gratitude towards the kind old women. "Do not spend so much time trying to please others, think of yourself Eoghan," She finished, and Eoghan smiled wildly, getting shakily to his feet and moving over hugging Mrs. Grace. "Thank you," He whispered, before fleeing the room, and untying his apron. Because suddenly it all made sense. He didn't need to change who he was just to please his Mother. He didn't have to hide his feelings and his emotions because it was seen as wrong. Instead he had to embrace it, because life is short, and why should he spend it hiding behind a fake persona. Finally Eoghan made it over to his table, and he smiled nervously wiping his hands on his jeans and running a hand through his hair.

"Hi," he breathed out taking a seat across from the boy with the side eyes. "I'm Eoghan, and wow you have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen,"

by, Catriona Donald.