The Next Day/Callie Knows

Thanks to Jackson_April_Avery for the review!

“You’re what,” Alex asked, stunned. He thought he didn’t hear her right. She couldn’t be pregnant could she?

“Pregnant…” She replied, kind of scared and yet relieved for getting it out.

“I-I-I-I’m confused.”

“For a doctor you really don’t know where babies come from.” She giggled softly.

“No, Jo, I’m confused because…didn’t we use protection?”

“OH I see…you’re disappointed!”

“No! It’s just…unexpected…”

“No shit, Sherlock.”

“Look, I want to discuss this, BUT I have to get on a flight…”

“It’s ok…I won’t even get it check out till you’re back.” Alex sighed.

“Jo…go ahead…just find out how far along you are and text me or Skype me later.”

“Uh…ok I guess…” Alex kissed Jo.

“I love you, Jo.” He touched her stomach. “I am excited, believe me.” He kissed her again.

Jo was at the nurse station, messing with her pen, looking sad. Stephanie came up to the station and handed off her tablet and turned to Jo.

“Why are you sad…?” She asked.

“Alex is in Africa saving sick kids for a week,” Jo laid her head on the station. “I’m all alone…” Stephanie looked shocked; not because Alex was gone…because Jo was acting like a….girl. Jo lifts her head. “I’ve become one of those girlfriends…”

“Oh, yes,” Stephanie agreed. “You have.”

“It’s just; Alex and I are in a...moment…right now…”

“Is it over the proposal again?” Jo wasn’t ready to mention the pregnancy yet…since she really hadn’t discussed it for real with Alex.

“Yeah…but it’s not as bad…it’s good actually.”

“…O…k…” Stephanie walked off.

“Well, Ms. Wilson,” The OB said while looking at the ultrasound. “You look about five weeks.” Jo lied her head back down on the pillow. When the OB got done with the ultrasound, she cleaned off Jo’s stomach. “Have you thought about your options?”

“I don’t need to,” Jo replied, when she stood up from the bed and grabbed her jacket.

“I mean we do have pamphlets, Doctor-“

“-And I said ‘I don’t need to’.” Jo headed to the door and then stopped in her tracks and turned around. “Thanks.” She opened the door and left.

There was a trauma heading towards the hospital and everyone has been called down to the ER. Jo was trying to put on her trauma gown when she went inside the ER.

“Wilson,” Callie yelled at the resident. Jo turned around at her superior. “I need your help, come on.” Jo followed Callie to a trauma room. Hunt walked into the room as well.

“What we got, Torres,” He asked, finishing putting his gloves on.

“Jordan Adams, 25; fell down the stairs in her house after what seems like she tripped on an object; multiple fractures on both arms and one leg broken; possible head injury.”

“Ok, page neuro,” Hunt called out. He examined the patient.

“Hunt, can you have neuro meet us in the x-ray room or wait for us? We have to check on the status of this leg.”

“Ok.” Torres started moving the bed.

“Wilson, come on we got to go to the X-ray.”

“I can’t,” Jo said quickly.

“Wilson. It’s not a suggestion, it’s an order.”

“I can’t, Callie; could I just do your post-ops?” Callie shook her head and turned to the other doctors.

“Take her to the x-ray room; I’ll meet you there.” They did what she said and Callie went to Jo. “Wilson…what the hell is wrong with you? When an attending tells you to come to the x-ray room-“

“I’m sorry, Dr. Torres-“

“-What gives you the right to tell me what you prefer to do? Perhaps you rather find another specialty!”

“Torres!”

“What? I’m ready for an explanation.”

“Can we talk privately?” Callie agreed and headed towards a supply closet; with Wilson following.

“What is it?”

“You can’t tell anyone…promise?”

“Of course…”

“Not to Arizona either.”

“Fine…tell me.”

“I’m five weeks pregnant.” Callie looked shocked, which turned to a smile.

“Oh my-“ She put her mouth on her hand.  “CONGRATULATIONS!”

“Thanks…but lower your voice…”

“Sorry…it’s just…Alex…is having a kid?! He is the father, right?” Jo gave her a look. “You’re right, duh, he is.”

“So…can I just work on your pre and post-ops?”

“Yes, go ahead!”

“Uh, thanks.” Jo walked out of the supply closet with Callie following out. Everyone stared at them. “Don’t you guys have anything better to do…like I don’t know: work?” Everyone went back to what they’re doing.

Alex had called Jo on Skype at 8:00pm her time (2:00am his time).

“Alex,” she said.

“Yeah,” he replied.

“It’s like, what, 2am over there?”

“I want to know how my beautiful girlfriend is…sleep doesn’t matter when it comes to you.”

“Aw…did you lose your balls over there?” Alex gave her a look. “I…like you?”

“Even after conceiving a child five weeks ago…you haven’t dropped the ‘L’ word yet.”

“Don’t pressure me…does it really bother you…”

“No…no, no; I’m just teasing you a little, Jo…its ok.” Jo was still unsure.

“I understand. I’m teasing you too.” She laughed, uncomfortably.

“I love you, Jo.” Jo smiled.

“Night, Alex.”

“Night.” They ended the call.

Later that night, Jo went to bed all alone and was wearing one of Alex’s shirts. She loved the way he smelled. She whispered: “I love you too, Alex.”

Thanks for reading! OH and HAPPY GREY’S DAY!! Review please? (: