Beginnings

We're never done with killing time

Can I kill it with you

'Til the veins run red and blue?

We come around here all the time

Got a lot to not do

Let me kill it with you

-"400 Lux" Lorde

_________________________________________________________

Chapter One

The pop music was loud and filled with a sort of hypnotic beat that made me get lost in it. Although I'd had enough alcohol to qualify me as drunk, that didn't stop me from being able to dance in tune to the music being produced inside the spacious but crowded club.

My body seemed to have a mind of its own as I swayed my hips from side to side to the tempo of the song, my hands raised in the air and moved accordingly to the song. I felt arms circle my stomach from behind and hug me close their body. I smiled and turned at the feel of them on me.

"Finally decided to join me?" I asked, eyes still closed. Before I could say anymore I was pulled harshly away. I opened my eyes, startled, and looked at the person who yanked me away.

I cursed under my breathe once I realized I hadn't been dancing with Chris like I originally thought but rather with some poor fool who was about to get his ass beat if I didn't intervene.

Chris gave the guy who was hugging me from behind a terrifying smile, his eyes hinting at what was to come.

"See I don't know if you're new here or what," Chris came so close to the poor guy that he was forced to step back, unfortunately for him, the room was so crowded he only moved a few inches.

"You see this girl," at the mention of me I stepped up to Chris's side.

"She's my girl. Mine. And you," he grabbed the guy by his collar.

At this point, the boy, which I could now tell was definitely not a regular here because of his polo shirt and khaki pants. Who wears khaki pants to a club? Jeez that in itself called for trouble.

"I-I'm sorry man," polo shirt spoke above the music. "I didn't know she was with anyone, with the way she was dancing..."

I snuck a glance at Chris and winced.

Chris had warned me several times how my provocative dancing could get him into trouble. Of course, I hadn't counted on some dumb frat boy coming up behind me. Most of the club workers knew I was off limits even the majority of the regulars that came.

"Yeah well, I'm going to make sure you don't forget."

Before Chris could swing I grabbed his hand and hugged him from behind although it didn't do much good. Despite my own height, it was no match for Chris muscular body.

"Chris come on, he's not worth."

I made sure to plaster myself as close I could to Chris body.

"Let's go home," trailing my hand from his back to his front I gave polo guy a glare telling him to leave before he really did get his face smashed in.

Polo guy got the message and scurried away, moving through the dancers in the club who had started to form a circle around Chris and I. Fuck not again.

"Chris..." That was all I needed to say before Chris turned towards me, still shaking with anger over his encounter with polo guy.

"Let's go." He growled, guiding me outside the club in a hurry.