1: The Escape

"Dill, are you ready?" I whispered.

Dill turned in my bed to face me. He briefly paused. "Yeah, let's go." I lifted the covers off of Dill and I gently, rising out of bed and grabbing his soft, warm hand. I handed him his bag and took mine. We had been planning to sneak out for a month now, ready to get out of the questionable parenting of Atticus and Aunt Alexandra. They had become stricter as we turned to teenagers, saying it was to 'protect us,' and God knows what terror would unfold if either of them found out about Dill and I. On second thought, Scout would be mad too, not because of the obvious reason, but because I was stealing her fiancé, although that joke may have passed her a while ago.

I swiftly opened the window as we had practiced a million times before. Dill climbed out before me, tempting me, and I grabbed his ass playfully as I slithered out the window. We were still virgins, don't worry, just a little horny sometimes. I so badly wanted that to change.

The walk to the forest was bitterly cold, but peaceful; crickets chirped around us, and the occasional coo of an owl echoed through the trees. We walked close together, our shoulders touching, big happy smiles on our faces. It was about a three mile journey to get deep enough in the forest that the rest of Maycomb wouldn't find us. We reached the clearing by our childhood treehouse, filled with memories of Dill and I, the stars twinkling above us and the moon dimly lighting Dill's face. I couldn't resist.

I closed my eyes and swung my arms around him, grasping his neck, and firmly pressed my lips to his. They were perfect: soft, full, and hydrated, and I lost myself in him. He put his hand on my cheek and the other on my back, pulling me closer, and swayed his body with mine. I always worried our first kiss would be underwhelming and awkward, but Dill was a natural.

I pulled away to put my bag down, and Dill did the same. We climbed up the ladder to the wooden house, and I unraveled the sleeping bag we would share, but then I resumed our kiss. I was filled with so much love I thought I would explode. Dill started making more moves while still keeping me trapped in his embrace, moves I had longed for since the start...