Prologue

Prologue

What is the first thing that pops in your head when someone says vampire? Maybe Count Dracula the prince of darkness, the one who started the whole myth. Or maybe the teen throb series ‘Twilight’ with Edward and Bella in the forbidden love. There are many stories out in the world about vampires; Dracula and Twilight barely even scratch the surface. 

Vampires are the creatures of the night, the demons that drink your blood and eat your soul. If bitten 3 times you might become a vampire yourself. These creatures have been the legend of nightmares for thousands of years. But what if these legends and myths were based on real fact?

Yes you heard me correctly. Vampires do exist. Dracula was the creator of vampires after sworn an oath against God that he would take revenge on him because the church hated the way he killed people. He existed for a couple of hundred years before Van Helsing, Jonathan and Mina Harker slayed the beast.

 After the death of Dracula the next oldest vampire on the planet would become the new ruler. Many people have no heard of the next ruler of vampires. Graff Von Krolock was a vampire who lived in a castle in the Carpathian Mountains and would search for beautiful women to feast off of. But if a human gives their blood volunteering is the sweetest thing to a vampire. He manipulated Sarah to come to his castle for his annual ball.

He was defeated by Sarah, her lover Alfred and Alfred’s professor as the castle fell on top of him. The German musical tells it better, it is called Tanz Der Vampire. After Krolock, no one knew who the next ruler was and the vampires slowly died out then and there, or so humanity thought. Vampires are the creatures of the night, demons of our dreams and are always there. Night clubs, the predators of the night that cause people to go missing in the world, these are just the few vampire sightings in the world.

Now we are in the 21st century and people go on in life watching movies about zombies, werewolves and vampires. We never know that a person right next to us could be a vampire, or could be the current ruler of the vampire race.

You might be wondering why I’m rambling so much about the vampires and the different races, the different rulers of the vampire race and so on. My name is Alyssa Van Helsing the great great granddaughter of Abraham Van Helsing; I am a detective of Cincinnati Police department. I started out as a vampire hunter/detective and then something happened. I met someone whom I never expected to meet in my lifetime.