The Rancher's Daughter

[Author's Note: Hey sorry everyone! I'm rewriting this story a little so I hope all of you like it.]

**Warning: May contain sexual and abusive content!**

Chapter 1

Rose POV

Dust rose in the distance. I looked nervously around wondering who could be coming down our long ass drive during the hottest time of the day. As a red Dodge four door pick up rolled into view, I stepped outside on the porch with my arms crossed over my chest. I stared warily as it slowly came to a stop.

"Pa! You better come out here!", I hollered to my father inside. My almost forty year old father came swiftly outside whistling. I rolled my eyes at his antics as he stopped beside me and folded his arms over his chest as well.

We watched as a boy, around my age, about seventeen or eighteen, climbed out of the pick up. He wore a cowboy hat, blue jeans (that I noticed was hugging his body perfectly), a button up long sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and boots. He had a bag slung over his shoulder as he sauntered over to Pa and I.

"Howdy", he said with a thick Southern drawl and the sound reverberated through me. Other than Pa's voice, I've never heard a thicker accent.

"How do you do son? You must be Tyler Dawson", Pa put his hang out for the guy to shake.

"Yes sir. I came as soon as I got your call."

My eyes narrowed at his last statement. "Pa, can I speak to you. Privately", I said with a scowl. Pa nodded at Tyler and followed me into the house.

"What did he mean by that Pa?", I asked politely with a hint of anger in my voice.

"I hired him to help out on the ranch since you're gonna be goin back to school in the fall." Pa explained to me.

"Without thinking to even mention this to me before hiring someone?!" I was starting to get really pissed with my father and I know he saw it in my eyes. I didn't wait to hear his reply. I went and got my phone then headed outside to saddle my horse Blue. Once I was done, I rode her up the hill and stopped. I took in the beautiful scenery around my home. I had about a hundred acres of open range and another twenty for farming. I rode Blue down to the river just a mile South of the house. I pulled out my phone and called my boyfriend Tommy.

"Hey babe", he said as he picked up the phone.

"Hey. What are you doin' at this very moment?"

"I'm in my stable groomin' Rusty. What about you?"

"I'm sittin' on Blue down by the river. What do you say to you climbin' on Rusty and ridin' out here?", I asked him very innocently.

"Sure. Be there in twenty babe." Tommy hung up and I waited for him.

Tommy's farm was about fifteen minutes away and it took him five minutes to saddle Rusty. As soon as I saw Rusty's rust colored muzzle, I rode Blue into a shady spot and got off to greet Tommy with a hug. As soon as Tommy saw me, he jumped off Rusty and tied him to a tree and came over wrappin' his arms round my waist and gave me a huge, long kiss.

Tommy and I have been dating for a year now and we were both seniors. I've been falling madly in love with him since he asked me out. Neither one of us has told the other 'I love you' yet.