one ; sundown syndrome

Please don't get answers from eyesYou know that mine can't lie quite as well as yoursJust let the spare moment flowRounding steps as I go through the open doors

You know that mine can't lie quite as well as yours
Just let the spare moment flow
Rounding steps as I go through the open doors

The rain poured heavily onto the windows of the sleek black car. Soft tunes played through the radio as Leora Thea Lance rested her elbow on the armrest with her chin on her hand, watching the rain droplets race down the window in boredom. The blonde huffed when she neared the familiar looking driveway of the manor, hearing the gravel crunch underneath the cars wheels. The car came to a sudden stop outside the front door, and Leora looked at them with such distaste that you wouldn't even expect it to come from such a bright and happy looking child.

Suddenly, the driver's door was opened and a man's voice sounded out. "Good evening, Ms Lance."

"Alfred. How are you?" Leora's mother, Dinah Laurel said.

Alfred Pennyworth held out an umbrella for Laurel, who stepped out of the car and under its protection. "I'm doing well, Ms Lance. Although the new addition to the Wayne family has been a bit....troublesome. More than Mr Wayne himself."

Laurel laughed softly. "Now, that's saying something."

Laurel grabbed onto the umbrella and she closed the door, then the two of them walked around to the other side of the car and opened up Leora's door. "Miss Lance. Pleasure seeing you again," Alfred greeted with a warm smile. Leora always liked Alfred.

"Hey, Alfred," Leora smiled softly, then got out of the car and under the second umbrella Alfred held out.

"Are the other's here yet?" Laurel asked as the three walked up the short set of stairs to the front door.

"All but Mr Allen, but we both know how late that man tends to be," Alfred chuckled softly.

"That we do," Laurel replied.

Alfred opened up the grande doors to the Wayne Manor, the dark yet luminous manor shining softly on the trio. Laurel lead the way as she stepped through the doors with Leora following behind her. Laurel swiftly took off her slightly wet coat and handed it to Alfred before making her way through the manor and towards the dining hall, where voices could be heard coming from it.

"Miss Lance, mind if I take your coat?" Alfred asked Leora whose eyes were fixated on her mother's retreating figure.

"Ahh, no. I'm alright, thank you," Leora told him, before turning back to face him. "And I've told you before, Alfred. Call me Leora. Even Thea. Anything but Miss Lance."

Alfred smiled. "Alright, Miss....Leora," he corrected.

Leora smiled and nodded. "Thanks."