MDIA [Ch. 1]

My Dance Instructor's Assistant (story preview)

COPYRIGHT NOTICE. All events and ideas in this book belong to bettyboo125bo. All violators of this statement will be held responsible for any stolen material.

Chapter 1

"So you all think you have what it takes to be on this team? Out the 100% of you that try out, only 60% of you have talent. And out of the 60%, only 40% of you will make it," we were in the auditorium listening Mrs. Holt preaching to us about how most of us won't make it on the Trailmont High School's dance team. As you can plainly see, she's very considerate of our feelings.

I feel vibration in my pocket where my phone is located. I reach in and pull out my phone, ignoring everything Mrs. Holt is saying. See, here's the thing, I've already heard this speech last year. Yes, I tried out last year, and no, I didn't make it.

And it's not for the reason people are probably thinking, in fact, it's the complete opposite. Not trying to sound conceited but I'm an amazing dancer. I've been dancing since elementary school and I'm a senior now. The main reason I didn't make the team was because of Lisa Jenkins. She was the team's captain last year when I tried out.

Why she made it her mission that I will not be on the team? Well, I'll tell you. It's because at a party last year, we battled each other, and by spectators vote, I won. Yeah, she's a sore loser. Word got out that I was trying out, so she corrupted one of the judges so they wouldn't vote for me.

And by "corrupt", I mean sex. And by "they", I mean he. It was sad really, how she'd scoop so low as to sleep with a teacher just to win my discomfort. Who knew she cared so much. Mrs. Holt had told me that next day in class that she had voted for me, but she said that two against one was the final score. So, Lisa graduated last year, thank the Lord, and now it's my senior year and my chance to finally join.

Anyway, back to the topic. I answered my phone to see my bestfriend texted me.

Sophia: Hey girl, did you make it yet?

I giggle at her anticipation. She's been texting me every five minutes asking that same question. "Okay! I'll like to introduce my other two judges," Mrs. Holt announced. I sent Sophia a quick text saying it hasn't started yet. I followed everyone's gaze as they watch the door nervously.

Oh crap. In walks Lisa. What in the bluest of skies is she doing here?! She graduated last year! Shouldn't she be busy with college or something? She walked towards the judges table that was centered in the middle of the audience. She took the seat right next to Mrs. Holt, so that she's sitting in the middle.

When she caught my eyes, she snorted and threw her hair over her shoulder. Ugh, this is not good. I bury my face in my hands as I pray that God that can hear my pleas. All of a sudden, I hear gasp coming from the girls around me. My curiosity got the best of me as I looked up, only to be greeted by an unknown face.

Who's this guy? I ask myself. The guy, or should I say man, walked and stood at the end of the table by Mrs. Holt. He had his hands behind his back as his eyes scanned the crowd of anxious dancers. This stranger had brown hair that hung down his face, but not past his ears. His eyes are grayish blue which went perfectly with his tan. He's wearing a light grey t-shirt that didn't hug too tight, but didn't hang too loose along with his dark blue jeans. All in all, he wasn't half bad-looking.

"This is my nephew, he's going to be teaching here from now on and I asked him if he'd want to assist me with the team, luckily, he accepted," Mrs. Holt announced with a grateful smile on her face towards her nephew.

He gave her a small 'you welcome' smile back, which made dimples appear in his cheeks. "You all may call him Mr. Wilson," she added quickly as he took his seat next to Lisa. She was eyeing him hungrily.