Intro {1}

**Elli's POV**

"Okay Class, today I will be picking groups for your science projects. Now don't ask me for somebody special because I don't care what you say." My oh so ever boring science teacher, Ms. Vito. Says. She walks over to her desk and finds our seating chart for 3rd period. Her signature evil smirk appears and she begins to read the names of partners. I zone out until I hear my best friend, Dean Ackels, name being called, along with the schools slut herself, Ally Jasan. Wow I can't even explain how mad I am!! I've been jealous of Dean and Ally ever since they have been dating.

I know it's crazy, crushing on my best friend while he's dating the one girl everybody loves, but me!! I hear my name and instantly come back to reality..

"Elliot you are paired with Tate. Your project will be about the human evolution" Our teacher says.

WAIT! HOLD UP! TATE AS IN THE ASSHOLE TATE!! THAT EVERYBODY BUT ME LIKES!

No.!!! I absolutely hate him. And no way was I gonna finish all of the work for him, like every other project I've done during my years in high school. Ya I'm considered the nerd, who no one likes except Dean, I'm surprised that Dean is still my best friend considering he is one of the jocks. At one time I had more friends but I kinda lost everything when I changed after my parents died from an animal attack.

The bell rings and I grab my bag rushing out the door when I run into a hard chest. I look up and see the last person I would ever want to see EVER!

"Meet me at the library after school to discuss our project. And by the way I will not finish our project by myself" I tell Tate, with confidence. I begin to speed walk as I think about what I just did.

Wow...I can't believe I said that to him. When I talked to him I felt like a rush of power. Don't ask, I don't know what happened. It was like someone gave me powers. I know it sounds crazy, but that's what that felt like.

I go to my locker which happens to be right by my 4 period and the lunch court. I grab my English textbook and walk into my class to be greeted by Mr.T, "Good morning Elliot" I respond with a little hi and move to my desk in the back row.

I zone out most of the period and once the bell rings I head to my locker putting my books away. I grab my money and the keys to my jeep and I decide that I'll take Dean to the local Cafe.

We drive in my jeep to the cafe and the whole car ride is filled with awkward silence.

"We're here" is all I hear from Dean. Wow I wonder what put him in a bad mood. We jump out of the car and head inside. We pick a table by the window and order our usual's.

And of course if my day couldn't get any worse, Tate and the other "Cool" people come in. They choose the table right across from us. Yay!! Note my sarcasm.

"What's wrong with you?" I ask Dean, maybe a little to harshly.

"Well since I'm 18 I just found out that my mate is no- never mind I'm fine." He shouts out me causing Tate to look at Dean , and eventually he comes over here.

"Dean, outside now." He says with a

stern voice.

"Umm he's kinda busy" Man he is really starting to get on my nerves.

"No it's fine I'll go.." Dean looks at my and gives me the "don't be such an idiot face"

I let them go outside and decide to ditch the rest of our lunch and head back to school. I leave money on the table and grab my car keys. Jumping in the the car I wave bye to Dean, his face when he realized that he was gonna have to walk 2 miles was hilarious!! Tate is just standing there and i swear i saw his eyes turn blue, not like a normal blue, a GLOWING blue. I probably just imagined it, its nothing to worry about.