She who went inside the office

A chapter before I go on a break. I'm tired.ugh.

VOTE AND COMMENT!

Zoe POV

The shrill of the alarm clock jolted me awake, I looked at the numbers that were highlighted by a red light saying it is already 6:00 am, I looked at the peeking sunlight in between the curtain, it was definitely work day, which is the day I dreaded the most. Who isn't?

I looked at the sleeping figure beside me, his hair was ruffled from the sleep, his toned back was relaxed from any tension and lastly his shallow breaths that shows that he is still asleep not caring for the beeping alarm clock.

"Hey baby, its time to get up" I whispered and pressed a kiss on his shoulder blade.

"Fuck work" he retorted and moved his shoulder away from me gently; his subtle way of rejecting one of my touches again and I can't help but be hurt from his action.

"We could take a shower together" I whispered on his ear and he flinched at it.

"I'm going to sleep again and I can't drive you to work. Call a cab or something" he said in his usual cold tone.

"Ok" I said dejectedly and I stood up to go to the bathroom. As soon as the lock clicked and the shower was running. I cried for what is happening in our relationship.

Fear and pain from being neglected for the past few days constricted my heavy heart, It feel like My breath was so limited that it can supple my whole body..

I made a mistake of saying my feelings to him and now he was pushing me away. Why did I forced my feelings for him? I should have shut my mouth up and pretend that I don't have any feelings towards him.

I clearly remembered that as soon as our feet stepped inside my family's house, our relationship changed and I didn't noticed the red flag because I was too stupid in love with him to notice any thing wrong. We hurriedly packed our bags that time, saying that his company has a problem and requires his full attention and he can't go home without me being pregnant and all. As the days goes by Max was eerily quite the whole time. I tried to talk to him and it is either him snapping at me or answering me in one word. He spends more time in the office and by the time he gets back, I was already sleeping or he smells of alcohol and when the morning comes he is either gone really early or still sleeping. Whenever I try to be intimate with him, he flat out rejects me with each touch by brushing away my hand away from his body saying he was tired or not responding to my kisses.

It hurts me the most because, I was being rejected by him. I tried to hide the tears that were pooling on my eyes but I can't.

After my crying episode, I wrapped my towel around my body and went out of the bathroom. Max was still on the bed, his eyes were closed.

I sat at the side of the bed and leaned over to him.

"You're going to be late baby" I was rubbing his back and turned his body on me.

"Just go to the office, I'm the boss so they don't give a fuck about me being late" he groaned and I sat frozen on the bed.

My heart was being trampled and my whole body feels heavy. I nodded and started to walk to the walk-in closet and started to dress. I can't stop the tears from falling.

What is happening to us?

When I was fixing my make-up, he walked past behind me and I followed him inside.

"Don't forget that we have an appointment at 1pm" I said looking at him while he was wearing his dress shirt.

"I know, the baby's gender sonogram. I already cancelled my meetings" he informed me that he still hasn't forget and it made me smile, at least he was still listening to what I'm saying.