✖️0.01✖️

✖️0.01✖️

"Here's your burger and chips with a blackberry soda, hun." I smiled as I placed down the order at table 32, where Jamie sat reading a newspaper; as per usual.

Jamie Kingston was a regular and always ordered the same thing; Burger and chips with a blackberry soda.

"Thanks, darl." he replied smiling as he popped open the cap of the soda and taking a sip of it.

I smiled and walked back over to the till. Staring at the big clock on the wall, I smiled. The big hand was on the 5 meaning I had 35 minutes left of my shift.

"Why so smiley today, Leigh?" my boss, Karen asked, walking to the till retying her apron.

"No reason." I replied not really wanting to tell her that I was smiling because I had 35 minutes left. Karen wasn't your typical diner/café boss. She was more of your typical bookstore owner.

Karen was a lady in her mid-fifties with brown hair which has now faded into a darkish grey colour and hazel eyes. Her and her husband own this place: The Little Tavern. Karen's husband, Jamal, passed away a couple years ago from cancer, so she needed help running the place.

So I took the job and fast forward a couple years and you'll arrive here, where I'm dressed in my white shirt with 'The Little Tavern' logo on and blue skirt with a pink apron and white converse.

Kicking my door shut with my foot, I placed my keys in the bowl beside me and my bag on the floor before proceeding to my room to change into something more comfortable.

I walked over to my wardrobe and grabbed a pair of leggings and a tank top. Stripping from my uniform, I pulled on the pair of leggings and the tank top before tying my hair up into a high ponytail.

Grrrrr.

My stomach grumbled; Walking downstairs and into the kitchen I grabbed my phone and texted Laura.

[what time should I come?x]-Me

Laura had been my friend since I could talk. She's what you'd expect a sister to be like. I remember this one time when I had a crush on this popular boy back in year 9 and he rejected me. Laura being Laura, she went up to him when he was with his friends and shouted at him saying he doesn't deserve me and all blah blah like that. It was pretty funny.

Opening the cupboard, I grabbed the loaf of white bread and the jar of peanut butter. I made a peanut butter sandwich.

My phone buzzed.

[Whenever. ;) x]-LauraBear

I texted back once I finished my sandwich.

[Now good?x]-me

My phone buzzed again.

[Yass! Means we have longer time clubbing!x;)]-LauraBear

I laughed. Laura was your typical party girl even though she worked in an office she would always go clubbing every night!

I put the plate in the sink as I would wash it up later, before running to my room and grabbing my bag of makeup and my black skin tight dress and black heels.

I grabbed my phone charger lead so I could charge it in my car, before running downstairs and putting on my leather jacket and my black Uggs.

Grabbing my car keys, I walked outside and locked my door. Walking over to my black Vauxhall Adam, I placed my stuff in the boot.

Driving along Abler Avenue, I parked in front of house 39.

[A/N]

Hey guys this is my new story and first story! Hope you guys enjoy it!

Vote

Comment

Follow

-elle