I Sold My Soul For Good Looks

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LACK OF EXCITEMENT IN THIS CHAPTER. THIS STORY IS BASED OFF OF A DREAM I HAD A FEW WEEKS AGO, SO REALLY, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO START IT OFF. IT WILL GET BETTER, I PROMISE!(: COMMENT IF YOU LIKE IT, OR IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS, MESSAGE ME  AND WE'LL SEE WHAT WE CAN DO!(: CHECK OUT MY OTHER TWO STORIES, AND PLEASE ENJOY!(:

--- ANNA♥

**BEEP BEEEEP!!**

The sound of my brother's truck horn sounded, most likely waking up and pissing off everyone in the neighborhood. I knew that meant it was time to get my ass up and get ready for school. 

I jumped out of bed, and got dressed, shoved my homework in my backpack, and ran down stairs for breakfast. 

"Good morning!" My mom said, much too cheerfully, "Excited for football tryouts this year?"

I sighed. I hated this damn conversation.

"Mom, you know I don't try out for teams. Well.. Sports teams, anyways."

"I just thought it would be a big step for you this year." She said with disappointment, "You know, get in with the popular kids."

My mom had good intentions, but sometimes she could be really dumb. I'm the kind of guy who joins chess club, and astrology. To sum it all up, a nerd. I've never had an actual girlfriend. My only real friend is Jenny, who I've had a crush on since third grade. Now here we are in our junior year of highschool, and I've still never told her my feelings. 

"I don't wanna be in with the popular kids, mom. I like my life the way it is." I said. 

Then again, it's kinda true. I have my chess friends and Jenny, what more could a guy need?

My  older brother, Kyle, walks in and grabs a few pancakes to put on his plate as he says "Ha! Him? Normal? Dream on!"

"Kyle Edward Jacobs! Don't talk about your brother that way!" My mother yells at him.

With a roll of his eyes, he grabs his keys and makes his way out the door. My mom yelling at him the whole way. I get up from the table and grab my back pack, and head for the bus stop.

******************************************************************************************************

I was supposed to meet Jenny in the cafeteria for lunch, but instead she said she had something else to do. She's been doing this a lot for the past couple of months or so. I feel like I never see her these days. Ever since she joined Dance Team, we barely speak.

Not in the mood for lunch anymore, I grabbed my stuff and took off to the library. I found my friends Dan and Steve playing Yu-Gi-Oh there, as always.

"Hey guys." I said walking over to them.

"Hey man," says Steve, "wanna duel?"

"Eh, no thanks. I was just wondering if either of you have seen Jenny.." I said.

They stopped playing their game, gave each other an uneasy look before looking at me. 

"Ummm.... Haven't seen her, man." Dan said.

"Dude, you're lying.." I said, getting annoyed.

"Boys, quieten it down over there!" said the school librarian, Mrs. Kimberlin.

I turned around and walked the other direction towards the back section of the library, where the horror books were. I've read just about every one of these in all my years of high school. I scanned the shelves looking for something new, when a shiny black book caught my eye. 

"The Art of the Beast." I read out loud, as a tall grungy guy yanks it out of my hand. 

"That's my book." He said, looking at me in a way that sent chills of fear down my spine.

"Sit." He said, pointing to a table in the far corner. 

Being the wimp I am, I did as he said. He followed me over to the table, and took the seat beside me.

"You interested in this book?" He asked, holding it up.

"It's the only book on the shelf that I haven't read." I said.

"You don't wanna get involved with this book. Bad things come to those who read it." He said. 

"What kind of things?" I asked, now curious.

"Let's just say I can now conjure up demons." He said, "But if you want it, have it. And once you take it, you're stuck with it."

Who the hell was this guy anyways? Talking about conjuring up demons... My parents would kill me if they even caught me with that book.

"No thanks, man." I said, deciding against it.

"Alrighty then. You ever want it, let me know." He said, standing up and walking away.

*********************************************************************************

WELL, THAT WAS CHAPTER ONE! :D I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED IT!(: