Chapter 1. "Sunrise of the Adventure."

Hey guys! how is everything going?

I published this a few years ago and took it down to edit the whole thing. The first chapter is now finished. Really hope you like it!

Disclaimer: This storyline and characters do not belong to me.

Please review, like and follow!

Chapter 1. "Sunrise Of The Adventure."

"Watch where you're going!"

Lucy ignored the concerned pedestrians on the street as she smiled apologetically at the disgruntled driver.

"I'm sorry!" She managed to call as innocently as she could before continuing her race to the other side of the street where her sister stood.

After a year of doubts, insecurities and fears; a year full of memories, fond recollections and pain, that day Lucy had woken up feeling hopeful.

Perhaps it was that they were starting school again and therefore, the change of scenery brought new possibilities. Perhaps it was something more than that.

Regardless, the fact was that Lucy Pevensie had woken up feeling hopeful. As if anything could happen.

The last year hadn't been easy. Going back to England, being children once again, it had been a struggle for all of them.

That year had been about survival.

Or at least it was Lucy's coping mechanism because when Peter arrived home with a bruised cheek or a bloodied knuckle, when Susan sat for hours on end staring lifelessly outside her window, when Edmund slept all day because he kept himself awake all night with his obsession of remembering absolutely everything about their other home, Lucy told herself the same thing.

As long as they survived, then they'd be okay.

Lucy shook her head as she managed to get to the other side of the street. There was a greater urgency that needed her sibling's attention.

And more specifically, her sister's.

"Susan!" She yelled breathlessly.

Lucy barely focused on how the boy standing beside her sister looked like one of the flustered suitors who would stammer as they asked for Susan's hand.

Right then, all of her concern was focused on transferring to her sister exactly how pressing was the situation.

And as the Gentle Queen turned, her eyes narrowed in frustration.

Mission accomplished.

Susan knew.

They were needed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Edmund had seen the whole thing.

He had tried not to, of course. He made it a point not to get in his brother's way when he behaved like a moron but still, someone needed to clean up his mess.

And that day, for a reason he couldn't yet fathom, he was having a hard time focusing enough to write.

After they fell outside that magical wardrobe an year ago, they had been merry. They had told stories, reminisced, gossiped and updated Professor Kirke on their beloved country.

It wasn't until dinner came that their new situation dawned on them.

They were no longer Kings and Queens.

They were diminished children once again, not respected adults.

They left their country without a leader, and they had no idea when...if they were coming back.