Like the flowing river- Paulo Coelho

Like the flowing River.

“We suffer because we feel we are giving more than we receive. We suffer because our love is going unrecognized. We suffer because we are unable to impose our own rules.”

“What’s past is past. Never go back. Not for excuses. Not for justification, not for happiness. You are what you are; the world is what it is.”

“Walk on towards your dream when you can walk no more you’ll be able to fly.”

“Nothing in this world happens by chance.”

“Sometimes world asks us to fight for the things we do not understand, and whose significance we’ll never be able to discover.”

“Sometimes, people get so used to what they see in films that they end up forgetting the real story.”

“The most important things, those that shape our existence, are precisely the ones that never show their faces.”

“You cannot argue with force.”

“Despite the fact that everything contradicts, despite my sadness and my feelings of impotence, despite being almost convinced at this moment that nothing will ever get better, I can’t lose one thing that keeps me alive: Hope. This word that so often rises with us in the morning gets sorely wounded as the day progresses, dies at night fall, and is reborn with the new day.”

“I can say that worse than hunger or thirst, worse than being unemployed, unhappy in love or defeated and in despair, far worse than any or all of those things, is feeling that no one, absolutely no one cares about you.”

“There are times when we long to be able to help someone whom we love very much, but we can do nothing. Circumstances will not allow us to approach them, or the person is closed off to any gesture of solidarity and support.”

“Love transforms and love cures, but sometimes, love builds deadly traps and can end up destroying a person who had resolved to give him or herself completely.”

“There is always someone to tell you; ‘Now that you’ve started it, finish.’”

“Sometimes we encounter things on our path, but because our time has not yet come, they brush past us, without touching us, even though they were close enough for us to see them.”

“I still wonder why God has designed a system of punishment that would have absolutely no effect on us. Why would God send our souls to fiery pit? Since our soul possesses no physical properties, there will be nothing about them that would burn.”