♥Prologue: The Stein Family♥

3rd Person's POV

You are the oldest of two children of Henry Stein and his wife, Linda. The younger one is your little brother, Jamie, who is a mini version of your father. You and him had been through thick and thin like the best friend he's been. You would even to hell and back for him, 'cause he's that precious to you, just as you both are to your parents. Henry would tell you stories when you were younger, before Jamie was born. Now he tells his younger son wonderous stories. If you're wondering what Henry's stories are about, they're mostly from his life perspective. Most are imaginative and others were realistic. But something about one of those stories left you thinking, if Henry might be hiding something from you. You hope to find out sooner or later while you're still. Besides, you're just a preteen kid with a nose for secrets and a heart for adventure.

Reader's POV

I couldn't sleep tonight. Plus, it's past my bedtime. I lit up a candle and walked down the stairs. I heard small noise, hoping is was just wind. It's still dark, and I got a STUPID CANDLE LIGHT!! I feel something was calling me in a strange but faint voice, and I could still hear it. Calm down Y/N, it's probably just a raccoon. Yeah, a rac- Crash! 'What the heck was that?' I thought from the loud sound, coming from the kitchen. I held the candle near me, as I saw smashed plates and different porcelain on the floor. I stepped in a closer as my hand reached an unknown black liquid on the floor, it was a bit sticky too, kind of like glue but with a different color. I gazed at it for a minute. What is this stuff? It looks like- "Y/N Stein..." What the-?
"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!" "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!" We both caught our breath, me and... MY FATHER!? "DAD? W-what are you doing?" "I was about to ask you the same thing. Kid, it's past 11pm. You should be in bed by now". Oh shit, he's pissed off now! (quick a/n: yes, you swear. Now shush!!) "Daddy?", Jamie was awake, standing at the staircase, rubbing his eye with one hand and holding a plush of Dad's old character on the other one. "What happened, Daddy?" "It's okay son, Daddy's fine", he reassures my little brother then looks at me unpleasantly. "C'mon Jamie, let's get to bed" I picked him up and took him to his bedroom. I put him in his blanket, making sure he's tucked in, and I placed his plush right beside him. I was tired, ready to hit the sack, but a tug on my shirt stopped me. "What is it buddy?" "Can you sing me to sleep please?" Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Most of every night for two years, I would sing this butterball to sleep. In school, I took Choir for one year, but I loved art more. Well, more to the current point, I would sing to him this one song called 'One Wish' by someone I don't even know. I sighed in defeat and clear my throat so I could start.

If I had one wish, I would wish for you
If I one gift I could give
If there could only be one perfect song to sing
It would be peace, peace to all

His eyes fluttered, fighting to stay awake for my song. I continued singing for him.

If I had one hope, I would leave with you
If I had one blessing to give
If there could only be one message on the wind
It would be peace, peace to all

Jamie yawned a little, still fighting out his tiredness. I just hope Dad won't get mad at me for this.

Sometimes, the people of the world cannot see
The hope that a new tomorrow brings
And sometimes, that hope is there for all to see
Like a song or a dove on a wing

I reached my hand out to Jamie's forehead. Even I know he can't fight it off.

If I had one wish, I would wish for you
If I one gift I could give
If there could only be one perfect song to sing
It would be peace, peace to all
It would be peace
Peace to all

He fell asleep, out like a light bulb. I walk to my room and went right to my bed. I was too tired, I hardly felt anything.

Author's POV (small and quick)

You automatically fell asleep, tired and worn out from earlier. Henry quietly entered your room, and gave a kiss goodnight. "Goodnight kiddo, see you the next hour." After that, he left your room and closed the door. After a small moment, you smiled and slept through the whole morning.

811 words. Damn...well...Enjoy or something...