surprising

"I don't believe it" Rowan immediately said, Elena roll her eyes as it wasn't surprising for Rowan to always question something "There's just no way, you and Winger? Only Barnaby would believe that! No offense Barnaby"

"None taken" he smiled as if Rowan didn't say anything and went back to eating his sandwich, they were all currently in the Great Hall for break, on the table were numerous snacks including sandwiches of all kind, quiche, salad and many other things. Elena sat opposite of the two and helped herself to a sandwich.

"I mean you two hardly no each other!" yes Rowan was still going on "How did the two of you even meet?!"

"It could be extremely bad for me if anyone else were to catch wind of my Animagus status, I'd absolutely rather not risk my life for the likes of you so we'll need a cover-up. A fake relationship for example"

Elena was taken back "W-What? Your saying that we should pretend to be a couple?"

He sighed "Look I don't like it either but I'm not one to care about my reputation, and-"

"No I was just surprised that you suggested that!" she cut him off with an excited look "It's perfect, it'll definitely help to cause less suspicion when we're training together! And Merula will finally shut up about me being too ugly to get a boyfriend! Killing two birds with one stone, and thanks for taking me under your wing" she smirked at him with her puns, but he was far from amused.

"...I am a hair's breadth away from Obliviating you right here and now"

"Library" she instantly answered, remembering that she couldn't tell the real reason "I was doing some research on the Cursed Vaults and he kinda helped me"

"Kinda?" Rowan raised an eyebrow.

"He helped with my books, I got too much"

Rowan looked at her with a 'I still don't believe you' look "Uh-huh, so you two met in the library and subtlety go so close that you decided to date?"

"You sound mean Rowan"

"I'm sorry Barnaby but it just doesn't make sense, who goes out with someone they just met?"

"They probably got really close" Barnaby persisted "Plus I heard Talbott is excellent with creatures, he must be a great guy! I'm so happy for you Elena!" Elena was surprised that Barnaby was supporting her and thanked him, Rowan signed and turned back to you.

"Tell me one thing you like about him"

"Erm..." she struggled with this one "His eyebrows?" They were good she thought, Rowan started at her in silence before before shifting her expression.

"Ok I'll give you that one, they are nice"

Elena sighed in relief as she and Rowan went back to eating, but she knew the questions were far from over with Rowan, and with the others.

................................................................................................................................................................

After break Elena had Herbology with Penny and Tonks, she were hoping for a nice, fun and calming lesson like she would always have (when Tonks isn't causing chaos).

"I heard about you and Talbott" Penny said as she worked by her with her plant, Elena then remembered that Penny is the most popular girl in the year, and gossip always reaches her first.

"Yeah" she smiled at Penny as she put dirt into her pot, preparing for all the questions that were about to be thrown at you.

"I'm surprised" Penny said as she looked at the girl "I never knew you two would get so close! Maybe trying to be an Animagus was a good thing now that your dating"

"Yeah, maybe" Penny and Tonks were the only people besides Elena who knew that Talbott was an Animagus, Penny became good friends with Talbott and Tonks is a Metamorphmagus, he trusted them with his secret as now he did with Elena.

"I'll say!" Tonks grinned as she slid up to the two "You got a catcher there Elena! Talbott doesn't normally hang around with other people"

"I know, he told me he flies solo" she grinned, Penny and Tonks giggling.

"He's doomed himself to bird puns now" Penny grinned.

"With that line Penny I don't know how he can't"

................................................................................................................................................................

"So...Tablott" Tulip grinned and once again Elena roll your eyes, the two sat opposite each other in the Great Hall, now dinner as over students had some to sit and chat with their friends, especially ones from different houses as they had to sit at their houses table.

"And?"

"And here I thought you were married to the Cursed Vaults"

"Haha very funny Tulip"

"Just saying that it's surprising"

"That me and Talbott are dating? Yeah I've heard that numerous times today"

"Can you blame them?" Tulip asked "No one has seen you two together then a few days ago, and dating just after"

"We hit it off" she said confidently "This isn't a Little Mermaid situation"

"I hope not" Tulip frowns "Both of you are my friends and I don't want to see either one of you hurt"

"Your telling me, the one who is chasing after the Cursed Vaults to not get hurt? Do you not know me all Tulip?"

"You know what I mean" she shakes her head but Elena see a hint of a smile, the two then decided to change the topic which ends up to listening to a prank Tulip pulled on her cousin which had Elena crying in laughter.

................................................................................................................................................................

"Elena and Talbott?!" Charlie looked at Andre in shock "They won't last! She barely has time for classes let alone a relationship!"

"Some friend you are"

"By the way, tell me everything you know about him"

Subtle as a hippogriff this one Andre thought as he looked unimpressed as he watch Charlie try to act like it wasn't bothering him that she was dating.