Friendship4Dummies ~Contest entry~

Almost five years since our wedding and it couldn’t seem any more surreal than this. I have a loving husband, two amazing families, my best friends, and, as of four days ago, my first child. Howard Iglesias Murphy, Howie for short. I think it is rather cute that his initials spell out HIM.

    "Are you ready?" Connor asks, as he pokes his head into the hospital room.

    "A bit sore," I admit. They are releasing Little Howie and I from the hospital today.

    "Well, the doctor said it would take a little longer than usual for you to heal since Howie was so big," Connor informs me and it causes me to groan.

    "Don’t you dare ever say that again," I tell him and point a finger at Connor, accusingly. "I know perfectly well how big he was, thank you," I add as Connor takes my bag from me and shuffles me out of the room.

    Once outside I see my parents holding baby Howie and cooing at him. This causes me to smile. "Look who it is. Mrs. Sunshine has finally made it out of her nest and joined the living!" my dad exclaims and gives me a hug. "You did well," he adds in my ear.

    I pull away to see my mom waiting for her turn and Howie wrapped up in Connor’s arms. "And if I ever hear you curse like you did four days ago I’m liable to beat you," she warns me.

    I flush red in embarrassment. "You heard that?" I ask them and they nod.

    "We had to cover Emily and Stevie’s ears. Mostly Stevie’s since he is liable to repeat them," my father tells me. I groan but as soon as the dread washes over me it drains out as I walk over to my precious baby.

    "He’s worth it though," I say softly and lean into Connor. I am still tired from the labor. Usually, most women with large babies have to wait a week to leave the hospital. "Can we go home?" I ask Connor as I stare up at him.

    "Of course," he murmurs and kisses my forehead. "We’ll be going home, now. Georgie is worn-out," he says to my parents and they nod. They walk us to our car and wait until we start to pull out to go find theirs’.

    I lie down and close my eyes when Howie starts to cry again. I groan and smack Connor on the arm. "Huh? What?" he asks in sleep induced deliria.

    "It’s your turn!" I exclaim and cuddle into a pillow. Connor grunts, gives me a kiss on the cheek, and I am asleep before he leaves the comfort of our room.

    My mind, it seems, likes to remind me of Connor. Of course, he is everything to me; as is Howie. As I rest, I dream of everything Connor and I have gone through. Who would have known it could end up this perfect? I remember the day I thought Connor was snooping around on me, that was nearly a year after we had gotten married.

    I grin as I make my way down the street to Connor’s work; he is a sound track operator. I start to pull open the door to his recording studio when I hear a giggle. I know that this shouldn’t faze me but lately we have been getting into constant arguments. Now, as I stand here, he is laughing with some girl! This made me completely jealous.

    Instead of just walking in, I quietly make my way out of the office and down the street to me car. I drive home in a rage and it only enlarges when I get home and see all of the picture frames hanging up on our walls.

    "I’ve had it!" I exclaim and run upstairs to our bedroom. I grab a suitcase and pack a few clothes and other things. I made sure I had all of my well-earned cash, which Connor had insisted I save up for something important. This was damn well important, to me at least.

    I grab a pen and write Connor a note. It read:

    I’m leaving for a little while. I need to clear my head. I place it on the kitchen island and leave with the suitcase.

    I sigh and think about where I want to go as I drive. A spa would be nice. "I’ll just go to a hotel," I mutter to myself and take the next exit off of the highway.

   It had only been four hours since I came and checked myself into the hotel; I had paid for the night. Secretly, I am hoping that I am important enough for him to find.

   There is a knock at the door and I pull the towel closer around myself, thinking it is room service I answer. "Hell-," I am cut short by Connor pushing me into the room far enough so he could come in. "What do you think you’re doing?" I ask him with a raise of an eyebrow.

   "That should be my line!" he exclaims and falls back onto the bed. "Georgie, what are you doing here?" he asks and peers up at me.

   I can see the worry on his face. I sigh and tell him, "I came to your work earlier today to bring you some lunch and…I saw you laughing with some girl I didn’t know."

    He sits up. "So, your first choice is to run off? Leaving me with one note, that doesn’t give me much of a hint as to where you would be. It's a damn good thing I can track your pone down," he says out of rage.

    I didn’t reply right off the bat. I wait a little bit before admitting, "It may have been a bit irrational but I needed somewhere to go to clear my head. We’ve been fighting non-stop for the past few weeks and I can’t stand it! I was starting to think you were regretting marrying me…"

   Connor lets out a sigh and pulls me into him. "Georgie Murphy, I am in love with you – have been since we were kids – and I have never regretted my choice about marrying you," he tells me and kisses the palms of my hands.

   "Then why do we keep fighting?" I ask him in despair.

   "Because it’s a phase we, as a couple, have to go through. Don’t worry, we’ll work everything out. You know, it’s always you getting mad at me," he tells me with a chuckle but I didn’t find it funny.

   "We’re okay then?" I ask.

   "Of course, now, let’s go home," he tells me as he kisses my cheek.

    "Um…I may have paid for the night," I tell him and he chuckles.

   "Then let’s stay here," he says as he pulls me onto the bed with him.

   "Okay," I squeak out.

   "Georgie~!" I hear Connor complain into my ear.

   "Mmmm?" I question, groggily.

   "I’ve got to get to work. Howie should be solid for another hour or two," he informs me and I nod. "Can I have a goodbye kiss?" he asks me.

   "Mhm," I mumble out and, lazily, blow him a kiss.

   "A real one," he states.

   "I’m tired~!" I complain but smile and give him a kiss. "There, now get to work before you change your mind," I tell him as I lay back down. I was good for at least an hour.

   "Mmm, who says I haven’t already changed my mind to stay? I would love to just stay here and lay in bed with my sexy wife," he tells me and I roll my eyes.

    "I’m fat! Nothing about this stretched out body is sexy!" I whine and he chuckles.

    "You aren’t fat and you’re beautiful," he argues but I drop it knowing we would be going at it all day if it wasn’t dropped. I love him and I will not lose him. Letting things go seems to be the key answer when it came to being with my man.

It's not much...but I thought the idea was cute inside my head. Lol. Let me know what you think! X3