Chapter 6

Surprise!!!

*alarm goes off*

"Yay, Tuesday." I said sarcastically.

*Princess starts whining*

"Wanna go outside Princess?" I said

*bark!*

"Shhhh! You're gonna wake mom up" I said after almost experiencing a heart attack.

I started walking down stairs and into the kitchen; to get her leash. As I reached for the leash my mom came jogging in through the front door.

"Good morning sweetie, I took princess on a mile walk. I decided to run another mile."

I set the leash back on the counter.

"Look who got the first worm and then some." I said.

"I thought I would try something new."

"That's good to hear."

"I thought of something while walking princess. You are 16 and your birthday is Saturday, right?" She said grinning.

"Yes." I answered while leaning over the counter.

"Well, I don't want to have a big party so, to make up for it, you can have dad's car."

I nearly dashed for the garage, but my mom caught me before I could make it.

"Wait a minute! You may have the car when you turn 17. You are not 17." She told me.

"But..."

"Nope. Just four more days. You can wait and I don't want to see you near that car."

"It's not just a car! it's a high performance sports car." I argued.

"And won't be yours until Saturday." She said winning the argument.

"I guess that's fair." I said accepting my defeat.

"Oliver go get ready school!" she demanded.

"Okay okay. Calm down."

I went back up stairs to get ready and celebrate. I can't believe I get to have my dad's Corvette Stingray! I am so excited and I will be taking very good care of that sports car. I have been driving long enough to be responsible for it. I wonder if my dad would have given it to me. He said he would, some day. Okay, I really need to get ready or I could miss the bus and maybe get to drive my new car. Actually I can't, because I don't have a parking spot. So, for now I will take the bus. That reminds me, I have to get to the bus in five minutes.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I arrived at school to meet Blake; I didn't want to see anyone, but I had to tell him. I arrived at our usual hang out spot only to find Blake. I was stunned. Did they see me? Why aren't they here? I looked at the time and I was on time. What is going on... wait. They could just be making out; how sweet. Maybe, maybe not who cares; not me. I got closer and saw Blake pacing back and fourth. What's wrong with him?

"Hey Blake, what's up?"

"Oliver! Have you seen Natasha?!?" Blake asked scared and worried.

"No! What's wrong? Is she okay?"

"She hasn't answered our routine morning call!" Blake said almost losing it.

"Really dude! I almost panicked! She is probably running late."

"No. She always answers and if she was running late she would have texted me saying so." Blake said immediately ruling my theory out.

"Calm down. Why do you even call her every morning?" I snapped back.

"Why don't you calm down. I call her every morning after an accident during one of our retrieval missions."

"What happened?" I asked.

"I can't tell you. She doesn't like me telling her story to everyone."

"I'm not everyone, I'm her close friend." I said little offended.

"Just ask her. She won't mind I told you about it." Said Blake.

"Okay. When did this happen?" I asked.

"Oh, about like a year or two ago. It's been a long time."

"Wait a minute. You guys have been in this for like three years?"

"About. Why?"

"Why wasn't I recruited sooner?" I asked.

"Um. I c...can't really tell you."

"Why not exactly?" I asked a little irritated.
Why can't he tell me anything.

"Because. Okay fine. But you can't tell any one and I mean any one about this. Deal?"

"Of course."

"Okay. Your d..." Blake said being interrupted.

"Excuse me, Blake Bluu, the principle would like to see you." Said a random stranger grabbing Blakes arm.

"Um, excuse you! What are you doing! Let go of him!" I said loud trying to alert others around us. The stranger let go, but Blake stayed standing next to him.

"Blake, run, what are you doing?!"

"Be quiet! He is part of ATU." Blake said in a loud whisper.

"Oh. Hey, sorry man." I said apologizing to the agent.

"It's fine. Blake, the principal." The agent said.

"See ya Oliver. We'll meet during lunch or after school. Oh! Also, can you please try to find or at least find out where Natasha is?" Blake asked.

"Oh, of course. See ya."
Like that, they left. I wonder what they need him for. I looked at the time and I had a minute before the bell rang. I wonder where Natasha is and where is everyone else? None of our friends came to our spot, not even Ashely and she is always by my side. The bell rang and the hunt for Natasha's whereabouts began.