Black is the new black

I was sitting on the bench in front of my house. It was pretty hot for a regular day in September but maybe that was because I was wearing black. To be precisely, I was wearing a black dress with lace. Normally I would wear something colourful but this wasn't a good day to wear colours because today was...

Funeral day.

My grandmother died last week and today she'll be buried.

It felt weird, losing someone. In the beginning, you don't really believe it. You think that she will walk trough the door any minute. But of course... She doesn't.

I sighed. My eyes felt dry because all of the crying I did. I started rubbing them softly but it didn't really work.

Suddenly I heard a door slam, and I looked behind me. My parents and my little brother were outside now, and mom was locking the door behind her.

Dad walked over to the car and looked at me. A sad smile appeared on his face and he nodded to the car. "C'mon, get in partner," he would normally say but not today. Because he was the one who would burry his mother today.

I walked to the car and got in. Malcom was looking out of his window. I wanted to hold his hand but I doubted. Yesterday we kinda had a fight, and I wasn't sure if we were on speaking terms again, let alone "touching terms".

Suddenly my little brother looked at me, and without saying a word, he took my hand and squeezed in it. I smiled a little and he did the same. Then, without letting go of my hand, he started to stare out the window again.

"Okay, let's go," my dad mumbled and he started the car and drove away.