Cam's story

For those of you who enjoyed Unexpected Marriage and who wanted to know more this is for you.

There will be more of Marriage Reunited soon but I thought that you might like a peek at Cam and Alyssa's story.

Hope you like it xx

PROLOGUE

BANG!

Gunfire sounded, Bullets sprayed, Bodies dropped. Nikos fell and his wide eyes stared blankly up as his life drained away in to nothing.

Opening his eyes with a sigh Cameron Wentworth rubbed his aching temples as he tried to rid himself of the images that seemed permanently fixed in his mind. A constant replay waiting for the moment he closed his eyes. It had caused him many a sleepless night and every decision he made now was based on that horrific day.

He glanced around at his surroundings. A peaceful Greek Island that as a child had been his playground for six weeks of the year every year. It had been his family’s summer home and he used to love staying at their villa with his brother and sister as they ran wild. He had always been the serious child and his brother and sister had laughed at him for it. His brother Connor had been the troublemaker who would play tricks on anyone and as he grew older had flirted with more than one of the local girls. His sister Jaz had been the annoying youngest child who had loved nothing more than to follow Connor around and act like his shadow until she had grown older and discovered Greek boys that she could shadow instead.  Cameron had been the quiet and serious one. He had loved nothing more than to sit quietly with a book or take long walks around the Island.

It was on one of his walks, when he had been angry because his twin brother had called him boring, that he had met Alyssa Leonidas. He had been just nine years old at the time and even though he hadn’t thought much of girls at that age he had still known instinctively that Alyssa was amazing. She had long black hair that was always pulled back in to a ponytail and deep almond coloured eyes that sparkled with mischief. Every time he saw her she was always wearing denim shorts and a simple vest top.

The first time she had seen him Alyssa had appeared as if from nowhere and nearly knocked him over in to the glorious white sand that surrounded the edges of the Island. He had been furious that a stupid girl had nearly knocked him down and had been all ready to shout at her in his bossiest most pissed off tone when she had flashed him that smile of hers.

“Hi,” she had said simply as she grinned up at him and he had been lost. She had been a little scrap of a thing and unlike his sister who wanted to follow them round and be entertained constantly Alyssa had been quiet like him. She had been content to just walk around the island or go for a swim in the shallow pools that dotted the Island.

Alyssa had become one of Cameron’s best friends as a child and every time they had to leave at the end of summer he had been devastated that he had to leave her behind.

The Greek Island of Lustof had been only a small Island with a few regular locals. It was close enough to Athens to be convenient but far enough away to be secluded. It had only one restaurant and one bar on the Island as well as a couple of stores. It was a peaceful place with pure white sand and a deep blue sea whose waves crashed lazily against the shore. It had several villas that belonged to wealthy families who valued their privacy and smaller homes for the locals.

Cameron had never met Alyssa’s family but every summer she would be there waiting for him to arrive and she would spend every day of summer with him until the day he went home when she would sadly say farewell but would never shed any tears.