Chapter One

"Lila! Come downstairs immediately!" My father yelled up the stairs.

"Yes father!" I yelled back down.

My name is Lila Potter and I live in London, England with my father. He is a wizard and I am a witch.

My mother left when I was just a child, and I don't know who she is.

As I leaped down the stairs, the possibilities of why my father needed me raced through my head.

Did he lose his job? Are we going to move? Did my cat die?

The reason why I was so bewildered is because he never called me downstairs after evening tea until suppertime.

When I got to the main dining room, my father was waiting for me at the table.

"Lila sit down and grab a glass of Butter beer." He said to me as soon as I entered the room.

That was strange of him to say as well. "Ok?" I answered back.

I sat down and grabbed my glass of Butter beer and took a short sip.

"Lila I-I have to tell you. About your mother." He said softer than I've ever heard him speak. He grew up speaking German, therefore he always spoke in a sharp tone.

"What do you want to say about her?" I asked harsher than I had intended.

"Well Lila, this might be too much for you to handle at this age but I decided to tell you now." He said slowly advancing to the point.

"Your mother is the Greek Goddess Hecate."

"Ah what now?" I asked, sounding more American than I ever had before.

"As I said before, your mother is the-" he started, but I cut him off. "Excuse me, but if this is your lame excuse for a joke, it's not working," he raised his eyebrows at me as I said this

I completely understood why. It was because I sounded very disrespectful, and very un-proper.

Basically, I sounded very American. And for me, the daughter of one of the most influential people in the wizarding world, that was unacceptable.

"Lila apologize to me this instant," he said. Well that's new. I had thought after he said this.

I decided not to apologize, because he just told me something that I had never heard before.

I stormed up the stairs to my bedroom, each step filling me with more and more confusion.