Chapter 1

"Rico got no money, he done lost his job. He ani't got no choice but to juug and rob."

Rico

My alarm clock went off, playing Kevin Gates song "MYB." I turned it off and checked phone. I saw that I had three messages from my hoe Maria. I rolled my eyes and opened them,

"Rico!!"

"Omfg daddy answer me."

"I have to tell you something."

I replied,

"Was good ma? Whatchu need from daddy?"

I got out of bed with only a pair of boxers and my gold chain. I rolled out of bed and walked to the bathroom while rubbing the crust out of my eyes. After turning the shower on, I walked back into my room, checking my new iPhone I just bought.

My iPhone was the only thing worth something in these streets, besides my gold chain. I grabbed my towel and went back into the bathroom. I checked to see if the water was hot before taking my boxers off and hopping in the shower. I grabbed my axe anarchy body wash and squirted some on my wash cloth.

I lathered my body really quick, and began to clean my meat in the process. After about 5 minutes, I got out. I checked the time on the phone and saw that it was 9:30.

"Shit! Tisha wake up!" I said shaking her.

"Man, what do you want bae? I'm sleep," she mumbled, half sleep.

"Yo, get yo ass up, I need you to take me to work. You know my car in the damn shop."

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever Rico, give me five minutes." I began rushing to put my clothes on. I had to be at work by 10:15, and on-top of that bullshit, I worked in downtown Buffalo.

By the time Tisha was done throwing something on, it was already 10 o'clock. "Tisha, I'm gon be in the car!" I screamed down the hall, before I walked out of her small apartment. Shit was hard when you live on the projects, it's like you have to be accustomed to this life. I was surprised when I actually got a job at LA Fitness. It's not much, but it's something when you livin' in New York.

Tisha got into the car with bags under her eyes. "What time you gotta be at work Rico?

"10:15 shorty. I'm gon need you to take Main St. the whole way alright?"

"Yes Rico. When is your car going to be out the shop?"

"I don't know ma. Hopefully soon, I know you don't like driving my black ass around," I said while I chuckled. My phone started ringing, it was an unknown number, "Who calling my line?" I said, in my faint New York accent.

"Answer yo phone for me like that again nigga, I dare you," I heard Nino say on the other end of the phone.

"Hush. What you want Blood?" I said, looking at the time.

"I need you to come down here after you get off yo little job. We got business to discuss nigga. You betta be here around 9 Blood," he said.

"Business? Alright B, I'll be there." I said, now curious of what this nigga wanted.

"One."

"One Blood."

Tisha looked at me after I got off the phone. "Bae who was that?" I looked at her with a mean mug. "Why you wanna know shorty?" I said raising my eyebrow. She just looked at me and shook her head. "Nevermind Rico, damn, can I ask a fucking question every once in a while!" I looked at her like she was crazy. "Ma, watch ya fucking mouth. I don't wanna have to hit yo ass." I said calmly.

I looked out the window and saw that we was at my job. I looked down and made sure my clothes was straight before walking into the building. I stepped in looking ready for work. "Rise and Grind," was all I had on my mind. I got myself situated at the front desk, and waited for people to come sign in. These two white niggas came in, and I automatically went into defense mode. They came up to the desk and looked at me, "Welcome to LA Fitness gentlemen, how can I help you guys today?" I said. "I want to start a membership here. I want a Gold card. How much would it cost a month lil man?" The first man said. I bit my tongue because I was about to cuss his white ass out. Like what's yo problem nigga don't call me 'Lil Man.'

"My name is Rico, not lil man sir."

"Well, to me your name is nigger, and I won't sit around and let a nigger talk to me like he doesn't know how to do his job. Get back to work and tell me how much it cost monthly," the first man said.

"Yo who the fuck you talking too son? On my mova you got me 50 shades of fucked up. Don't talk to me like you stupid, fuck this job, I'm not gon sit here and be disrespected by no old ass white man. The fuck outta here Blood," I said, raising my voice. I don't know who this nigga thought he was but I'm not about to take no shit from nobody. I heard my Brooklyn accent coming out. My accent don't come out like that unless I'm mad.

"Rico, come here NOW!" I heard my manager Marcus say. I know he not surprised. "Wassup Blood?" I said, he gave me a look. I rolled my eyes, "I mean, what's up boss?" He was pacing back and forth. He stopped and glared at me and paced again.

"Rico, what in the hell makes you think you can talk to costumers like that! Do you really think that's gonna get you anywhere Rico? Huh?"

I cut him off, "Look Marcus, you knew when I started working here that I didn't take no shit. You might not have believed me, but when I said it I was deadass. You got me fucked if you thought I wasn't gonna say nothing to that fool, and that's on my mova. I can't work in no place where you got cottage cheese looking niggas talking to me like they crazy blood. that's one hunnid. I'm not working here nomo, so you don't gotta worry about me causing nomore shit." I said as I was taking off my name tag. I threw it on the floor and walked out. I heard Marcus say, "You're the reason why black people don't get hired."

"Yeah whatever nigga, you're black too, if you forgot," and left the building. I looked around outside, and let out a sigh. I started walking back to Tesha's house.

I thought to myself, "Well....I guess it's time to find another job," but it was one problem.

Who the hell was going to hire me?

----------------------------------------------------

Okay home dawgs. That's chapter one. Is it good? Should I continue the story? Inbox me or something.