Chapter 1

A/N: I do not own Danny Phantom! If I did it would still be on today... This is my first fanfiction, I hope you like it.

***

Danny clutched his shoulder. It was more than likely dislocated. He just had another unfortunate encounter with Skulker. He shut the door as quietly as possible. Knowing if he woke his parents up, there would be hell to pay.

How would he explain the shoulder and the bruised ribs? Maybe he could get Jazz to help him, assuming she's awake. The door clicked shut.

"Daniel Fenton!" Maddie shouted.

Uh-oh.

"Where on Earth have you been? You're father and I have been worried sick!" Her arms were crossed and her eyes yelled fuming.

Jack noticed it first. "Danny boy, what happened?"

Danny gulped. He was still holding his shoulder. He had a cut on his temple and his shirt was ripped in the middle, revealing an unsightly large gash and bruises. If you could looked closely, small white scars that were about 3 years old could be seen. Time to think of a good lie.

"Ghost!" he said. "It was a, um, ghost! Yeah, I was walking home from Sam's and it, erm, attacked me!"

Danny was pleased with his lie, it seemed believable.

Maddie was shocked. "My poor baby! Couch, now. Jack sweetie can you get the first aid kit?"

He looked at Danny and quickly went to retrieve it.

The first thing Maddie did was cut Danny's shirt off. Next was the shoulder.

"Is it dislocated?" she asked sweetly, trying to comfort him.

Danny nodded and winced. Maddie glanced at Jack. Jack placed a large firm hand on Danny's shoulder.

He looked up at Danny. "This is gonna hurt a little, okay son? You ready?"

Danny's voice croaked. "Do it."

He turned his head away. Maddie sat next to Danny, cupping his face in her hands and smiled at him.

"Everything will be fine," she tried to comfort him.

Jack tried as gently as possible to put his son's shoulder back into place, that didn't work so well. It was over in an instant but for Danny it felt like an eternity. He groaned in pain and bit his lip to stop the tears that were itching to come out.

"Danny?" Maddie said. She got no reply. "Danny?" She repeated and moved his bangs from his face.

"M-Mom," his breathing was shallow.

Maddie pushed her son gently to lie down on the couch. He felt something cold and wet dabbing on his forehead.

Jack spoke, "We need to clean your cuts now; it is going to sting, but only for a bit, okay?"

Danny was to weak say anything, he wanted to scream no. He wanted to tell them he was fine and to leave him be. But deep down he knew he needed help. Jack put some antiseptic on a cloth and began dabbing Danny's head wound. Then something struck him.

"Danny?" he said.

Danny groaned in response.

"How are you feeling? Dizzy? Tired?" Jack asked, more panic in his voice.

"A little." Danny replied.

Jack looked up at his wife, both thinking the same thing. Concussion.

They quickly treated his wounds and dressed them. Jack sat Danny up and Maddie shone a light into his eyes, they were slow to dilate.

Danny coughed. "I think I'm gonna -"
Maddie reacted quickly and gave the bin to Danny.

Jack patted his back and sighed. "Definitely a concussion."

This was going to be a long night. Jack rummaged around for the ibuprofen whilst Maddie kept their son awake, fearing he may slip into a coma. He was hasty at first about the ibuprofen but it was a last resort, he knew the danger.

They did what they thought was right and gave their son the medicine. Maddie placed a wet washcloth on Danny's forehead and put a blanket over him. His breathing had returned to normal and he stopped vomiting which were good signs.

Even though he was almost 16 now, he was still her baby boy. She placed her nimble fingers over the small white scars that were all over his chest. How had he got them? Had ghosts attacked him before? Another thing that caught her attention was how much her son had considerably bulked up.

How had he gotten so strong, what was her son doing? Jack was sat on the couch opposite the one Danny was asleep on, staring at him. Not moving an inch.

Maddie was beginning to feel drowsy but couldn't bring herself to leave her son's side. She lay on the couch and grabbed Danny close to her; she began stroking his hair from his face, then fell into a deep sleep.

***

A/N: Sorry if any of the medical stuff was incorrect. I literally looked up concussions and went from there :)