Chapter 19

Imani

Today Zoe and I are visiting Benjy's school to learn more about the Silver Fang Pack. Benjy goes to a private school that's called Princeville Prep. And it is the biggest school in North Carolina and has the largest student population. All the students are part of the Silver Fang Pack. 

We went with Omar so he could show us around the school and to learn more about history. The school is mostly known for there track and soccer team. The school looks like a college it has everything. Zoe and I are still not talking and I am getting annoyed with the silent treatment. I didn't think she would last this long in not speaking to me. She was rude to my friend at least she could apologize for that.

Benjy is still being annoying too but surprisingly not as much as before. He actually said good morning to me today. I was so in shock I have to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Omar gave us some free time to walk around and explore the school freely and talk to some of the staff and students. I decided to go check out their gym. The gym is three stories and it has an indoor pool, tennis court, basketball court, track, and rock claiming. 

"Wow, they have so much money," I said to myself. I ended up making my way towards the indoor pool and I saw Benjy and his friends. They were just getting out of the pool and drying themselves off. When they notice me Benjy's friends come and greet me while Benjy looks at me confused. 

"Hey, Imani right?" Jojo said confused. 

"Yup," I said with a smile. 

"Hey, thanks to you I gained so many followers on IG." He said reaching for my hand and giving me a handshake. I looked at him confused. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"I posted the video of you and Benjy fighting in my car and everyone at school saw it. They have been bugging us to introduce you to them." He says. I think back when Omar gave us a tour and a lot of students kept looking at me. I thought it was because I was walking with my dad's beta and I look like I don't go to this school that they kept looking at me. 

"You posted that?" I said in shock. I look over at Benjy who is looking down. Now I know why continued to be rude towards me. 

"I'm sorry about that Benjy," I said being the bigger person. He is still in high school and these are some of the important times of his life and I don't want this moment to leave an embarrassing scar for him. If I want to start a relationship with him I'll have to respect his boundaries and wait for him to meet me halfway. 

Benjy looks up at me in shock. "No--It's fine." He says looking away. 

"So what brings you here?" Zaire asks.