Project V.E.M Writers Block Ver.

Prologue

Lafeyete marched through the thick bush of the jungle, with her rifle at the ready, along with her marines in their new woodland camouflage uniforms and a few scientists in their plain dark green uniforms. Silence in the jungle, besides from the occasional tweets and small movement in the plants from what seems to be small animals.

"Lieutenant," called one of the scientists, looking at her atmosphere reading around her wrist, "I believe the air is breathable."

"Are you sure, Abigail?" Lafeyete asked still looking around.

Abigail then took off her helmet, first holding her breath but then deeply sucked in the air around her and inhaled. There was a pause, as everyone watched her. Abigail then looked at Lafeyete and smiled. The others then took their helmets off.

"Yeah I'm sure." Abigail said. "According to my readings, it's much cleaner than Venus."

"Either way." Lafeyete said continuing into the jungle, while she removes her helmet. "We should find a place to camp. This place gives me the creeps."

As the day got dimmer, they got even lost. It seemed like Lafeyete was walking her group in circles, but thanks to the coolness of the Earth's breeze, something she has never felt back home, managed to allow them to keep walking.

"Damnit." Called one of the privates as he slapped himself. "Something keeps biting me."

"I believe their called insects private." Abigail said looking back. "We don't get them anymore back home."

"Are they dangerous?" asked the private as he looks at the black remains of the dead bug, which he then wipes on his pants.

"No..." Abigail replied. "They shouldn't be."

They then hear small movements in the bush next to them.

"What the fuck?" Another private stopped in her tracks and pointed her rifle at the bush.

"Getting paranoid there, private?" Lafeyete stopped to look at the private.

"No ma'am." The private said. "I just thought I saw something dart towards me."

"It's probably just a small animal." Lafeyete said

"Yeah..." the private shuddered, "but it looked evil."

"Just keep moving private." Lafeyete turned to keep walking.

Abigail jogged up to Lafeyete.

"We're lost are we?" she asked her.

"Yea..." Lafeyete answered quietly to her, still looking around. "We're being followed as well."

"Excuse me?" Abigail quietly snapped at her.

"We have been for about an hour now." Lafeyete then darts her eyes towards a tree darkened by its shadow. "There's two up there."

Abigail discretely looked up at the tree where Lafeyete is looking and see two shadowy figures of a bird or lizard.

"What is it?" Abigail asked.

"I dunno." Lafeyete answered, as she watch the two figures jumps out of the tree and into another.

"What do you think their up too?" Abigail asked as she darts her head to the right to see another bush move.

"I believe they're stalking us." Lafeyete said still looking at the two figures that are in the trees. It feels like it was looking straight at her, into her soul, but she had no fear, she just stared right back at the figures, but there was nothing she could do, she and her troops are surrounded, and only she knew that. Her troops and the scientists are paranoid enough to be on an alien planet, there's no need to make them even more paranoid by knowing the fact that unknowns might ambush them. The only way she could do is to keep her troops on the open path and move a quickly as possible into either open land or shelter where they could rest in ease and she had to do it quick, it wasn't as bright as it was when they landed six hours ago. If it goes dark, they would be screwed.