1. Opposite of Normal

Let's go back to highschool, shall we? This new story is going to be a blast. COMMENT AND VOTE. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

                    “Excuse me, sorry. Excuse me, yeah, um so sorry. Oh my God, so sorry,” I muttered as I pushed past the crowd of eager students. The only reason why everyone is so eager today is because there is some huge party afterschool today and of course I’m not invited. I don’t have any reason to go to parties in the first place. You can’t become the school’s valedictorian while chugging liquor from kegs. I bumped into someone, hard and immediately began to apologize. “So sorry.” I looked up and into the eyes of the person I hate the most. “Never mind, I’m not sorry.”

                  “Yeah because of your flat chest you can’t feel any action. I wouldn’t be sorry for that either.” Brandon smiled, scratching the top of his head. I narrowed my eyes at him. Brandon is tall and dark skinned with big brown eyes framed with long lashes. He has deep dimples in both cheeks and is always dressed in something fashionable. Today it’s a pair of skinny jeans and a button down shirt with casual shoes to match. “But um, by the way, great job at the American Math Competition on Monday.”

                I smiled. Wow, he’s being nice? He knows about my math contest? “Oh, uh, thanks,” I muttered, looking down at my feet.

                “Not! Bruh, that’s so fucking lame I swear to God I lost cool points for even knowing that thing existed. But whatever helps you keep breathing, more power to you.” He laughed and I grew hot and itchy with irritation.

                “Well some of us have plans to go to good colleges and do something with their lives.”

                He snorted, shaking his head. “Aw, Nia, you’re right. I’ll think really hard about that while I party tonight. Thanks for looking out.” He jutted his bottom lip out in a fake pout and I sighed.

                “You really shouldn’t be so mean to me. You may need me someday.”

                “Yeah after I become a model or something just as equally thrilling, I’ll call you to take care of my taxes that won’t even hardly affect my bank account. Later, loser.” He laughed and headed out of the school.

                Brandon thinks he’s so cool. While he kills his underdeveloped cells with all of his recreational drugs and alcohol every night, I’ll be filling my brain with healthy knowledge. Who needs parties and friends when there are books and colleges to attend to? I don’t understand teenagers. They give most of us responsible teenagers a bad reputation. With a shake of my head I stepped outside into the sunlight, heading for my car.

                “Hey, Nia!” a familiar voice that I only dream of called out to me. I looked up and into the eyes of the one and only Derek Samuels. Not only is he the school’s star basketball player but he’s also the guy of my dreams. Or well any girl’s dreams, really. He is brown skinned with forest green eyes and light brown curls on his head. He’s really tall and always wears some sort of basketball shorts.

                I pointed at myself and when he nodded, smiling I patted myself down. I hope I don’t look ridiculous. I can’t believe he’s even talking to me right now. How unreal even is this? “Yes?”

                “You did great at the American Mathematics Competition on Monday! Thanks for making our school look great.” He winked at me and then slid into his friend’s convertible, waving off to me as the car pulled out of the parking lot.

                Gaping, I struggled to catch my breath. He knows about my m-math competition. He sp-spoke to me. To me! Thrilled, I skipped happily to my car and slid in, turning on the radio.