Prologue

Live as if you die tomorrow; dream as if you live forever.

     That was a saying our teacher always told us. Live as if you die tomorrow... I always took that line for granted; saying it was just one of Mrs. Georgekins' crazy philiosophy, something only she could understand. But what I did not know back then was that that line would greatly affect me.

     And when I mean great, I mean very-times-a-billion great.

     It's really funny how we do our daily routine casually. We walk into the convenience store and buy beer using fake IDs. We study for a quiz we don't really care. We drink our coffee and talk about school with our family. I mean, the little things in life. But little do we all know that it might be our last. Our last time to walk in the convenience stores we've all been in for half of our lives. Our last time of studying for a quiz. Our last time of drinking coffee and talking nonchalantly.

    God doesn't send us letters saying 'Hey, your life is going to expire soon, see you in Heaven!' or doesn't call you and tell you you're about to die. No. It's either coincidence or fate.

    Mine? I don't really know. There was a part of me that was certain I was about to die. There was a part of me that convinced me everything was just normal and I was just acting paranoid.

   As I was about to enter the Kingdom of Heaven when Saint Peter, the one who guards the gates of Heaven, told me that I wasn't supposed to die. That I was to do a mission for God. That in order to enter Heaven, I had to redo all my mistakes in a span of a year.