REQUIM AETERNAM

Two weeks ago my life was so ordinary until that day a friend taught me lesson I won't ever forget. He's Andrew, my roommate. He was the one who usually wakes me up since my phone and alarm clock couldn't do so.

Three days before our examination, he told me that he was going home to get money to pay his tuition fee. At first, I didn't believe it because I knew that he's from a wealthy family. He said he would stay there for two days and would come back Friday, the night before the exam. Before he left he gave me a card. He said it's an answer to my problem. I laughed at him and told him to go. I was late for two consecutive days since Andrew wasn't there.

On Friday night, Andrew didn't return. I was a little bit worried since I don't trust myself in waking up early. I called Andrew but he didn't answer. That time I remembered the card. I once thought it could really help. It was silly but there's no harm in trying. It was all Latin, a prayer I guessed. After that I slept and hope to wake up early.

" Da, quaesumus Dominus, ut in hora nuortis nostrae Sacramentis refecti eti culpis omnibus expiati, in sinum misericordiae tuae laeti suscipi mereamur. per christum dominum nostrum."

Around 5 am, someone shook me . It was Andrew. I was so glad to see him since honestly I wasn't able to study well and he could help me. After taking shower, I heard some noise outside the room. I asked Andrew what that was but he didn't reply. When I went out I smelled something stinky. I asked my dorm mates what that was but they were also clueless about it. I went back to our room and I didn't mind it. I was almost finished preparing when I noticed Andrew wasn't doing anything. He was just staring blankly. I asked him why. He just answered thank you. It was very awkward. I'm not used to him being like that, so I told him that I'd go first and I'd just wait for him in the classroom.

While waiting for the examination, we played tricks to our female classmates. It was really fun until we heard our teachers crying in the faculty room. We were very curious about it but our teacher didn't tell us anything. After the examination our teacher requested us to be in the auditorium. I searched for Andrew since he was on the other room during the exam. I saw him seated near the principal. I started to think why. Then I saw Andrew's parents talking to our adviser. I felt that there was something wrong but why would Andrew keep it from me. After that, my adviser went to the podium and told us that Andrew is dead. He committed suicide. Everyone in the auditorium couldn't believe it since Andrew look always happy when he was still alive. Yes, I admit, he acted weird the past days but I know he wouldn't do such thing.Immediately, I looked to where Andrew was seated and he wasn't there anymore. I tried to pinch myself. Was I having a nightmare? Andrew was dead for almost two days. He hung himself in the basement. I felt really strange and stupid that time. I partly blame myself to be so insensitive. How could I let my friend commit suicide? I should have been keen. I should have been more concerned. I should have saved my friend. Andrew sileo in pacis. Amen.

By the way, the prayer was all about praying and calling for the dead. Yes, he still visits me if I can't wake up early and it freaks me out. What's worst is, his face becomes worse every time I see him. His skin is rotten and he smells bad. This is also the reason why I wrote this. The more people who chant the prayer, the greater possibility he won't visit me. I am sorry.