Prologue

Anne was always daring. Anne was always dreaming. Anne didn't know the meaning of fear, but she longed to know it. She lived in a nice family, a small family. A very modest, and morally stable home of three. It seemed perfect, and to most, it seemed too good to be true. For Anne, it wasn't daring enough.

Every night she would sneak out of her bedroom window, riding her bike down the bustling city streets, always tempting the evil of the night. This particular night it was raining, and the cold silver drops seemed to fly, pounding her with a refreshing soak.

The rush of adrenaline, and wind flying by her and rolling off her back, it was everything to her. It was the moment. It was the fear. Her strawberry blonde hair stuck to her face, looking almost red in the dark of the night, and as an effect of the rain. In those next few moments, the meaning of fear changed. She was entangled in a moment of incomparable inspiration, by natures light above her, the moon, the stars.  Halos of light, just calling her to explore them.

A loud call of anger from the car horn in-front of her broke the moment. Instantly Anne's head shot in the direction of the oncoming horn, and it seemed her expression froze to one of shock. Seconds, she only had a few fatal seconds to realize her fate. She only had a few seconds to think 'What would my family do?' .

Her feet were suddenly flying off the petals, before the car even collided with the bike. Anne rolled into the ditch a few feet away, staining her jeans and blue tee shirt. The damage was a few cuts and a few bruises. Not long after wards she could hear the clashing of the bike, and the car.

The bike went flying backwards into the air without its passenger, gravity taking it's toll as it smashed into pieces on the ground.

The car tires screeched, coming to a stop in front of the damage. Not far from Anne  red, heavy, metal doors were shut in a quick panic. A lady, around thirty years old, stepped out of the car. Her tee shirt was cut half way, showing her slightly flabby stomach, as if showing It off. Her jeans were ripped, and cut. She wore cheap imitation leather boots, and make up hid her real face completely. Her hair was died a light purple, it was about shoulder length. Drunk and confused, she searched around for whatever she must have hit.

"Was that a deer?" Her voice slurred, and she giggled to herself at the thought. 'We could have some.. deer soup...ah. I mean me. Cause I'm alone!' She frowned at the thought, pitying herself for a moment as she searched for whatever she hit. It didn't take her long to come across what was left of the once -upon- a -time bike, that was now just a pile of rubber, and metal. The color drained completely of the drunk lady's face, and even in the dark of night anyone looking could see it. Not that anyone was.

Her hand slapped against her mouth. "Oh my god" she said in a breathless whisper, then again. "Oh my god!" a groan came from Anne who was a few feet away. At that moment the lady, who's name was Anna, wondered if she were hallucinating. Or if it were a ghost.

Could people live through an accident like this? For a moment Anna wondered, her drunk mind only heeding the weight of the situation so well. Hot tears were falling down her cheeks, as she held onto hope that the human being on that bike wasn't a member of the dead. Then she reminded herself that was impossible. Still, she asked, "Are you-are you dead?" She spoke in a tentative whisper. She found she felt like she were paralyzed, unable to move. Like her feet had suddenly stuck to the ground.

Anne slowly stood up, still shaken with the trauma of almost dying. Tears were falling down her own innocent pale cheeks as she stood up, slowly pushing herself off of the ground. "N-no, I'm a zombie, run before I eat off your face! " she shouted, gesturing wildly as she did, and throwing dirt and water off the ground.

"That's not funny!" "I thought you were dead! " Anna shouted in return, a certain pathetic child like whine in her tone. She was sniffling, and hiccuping as a result of the intense sobbing she was doing.

"Then don't drink and drive!" Anne's voice wavered extremely unevenly and unstably, her voice cracking as she kept up the game of shouting.

"What kind of kid rides their bike at three am?" Anna shot back, but this time her voice wasn't so loud.

"A stupid one." Anne spoke this at voice level, and with that came a moment of silence, as everything started to really sink in. A few minutes passed before Anna spoke again.

"I'm- I'm going to get a phone, so you can call your-" she paused, her brain working slowly as she tried to think of what she needed to say "People." She trudged her way back to her small red car, practically tripping on the way there. As she closed the door behind her, she never came back out. She drove away, leaving Anne alone in the cold night, and the pouring rain.

Anne slowly tore off her small, dainty, black coat. She pulled it over her head in an attempt to shade herself from some of the relentless rain, which didn't care if she were cold or not. It wasn't so thrilling anymore like earlier, it was more like a symbol of her cold fear, and misery.

She considered this all a small cost for her life, and with that point of mind she walked a little faster, and somehow avoided scrutinizing the lady who almost killed her. Honestly, she hardly even noticed the walk, as she pondered over the question, 'How am I alive?'