Chapter one

Shai's (pov)

I awake to the sounds of laughing. I get out of bed and walk over to my bedroom window and look out into my backyard. I look at my identical 3 year old twin boys Brayden and Cory and my husband Theo to see that they had set up the basketball hoop by the trampoline and were playing basketball on the trampoline. I watch as Theo takes the ball and and is getting ready to shoot. Brayden and Cory nod at each other then when Theo jumps to shoot the boys each grab one of his ankles and pull him back down so that he lands on his stomach on the trampoline. The boys jump up and grab the ball. Brayden shoots then scores and then cory does the same. I laugh to myself as i walk out of my bedroom while throwing on my pink bath robe. I walk down the hall and into the new nursery that Theo and i had set up a few weeks ago then i look at my eight and a half month growing stomach. Theo and i had found out the gender to prepare Brayden and Cory. Its a boy. I dont know if i can even handle three boys. Its difficult enough with two. But Theo has always been a huge help with Brayden and Cory and throughout both pregnancies. I hobble down the stairs and into the kitchen only to find that Theo had already made breakfast. Thats when a shooting pain shoots through my stomach. Contraction. I grab my plate and put in the microwave to warm it up because its ten and i figure they've been up 6:30 like always. I take my plate into the backyard and sit on one of the pool chairs so i can put my feet up cuz im huge. I manage to eat my breakfast without them noticing me so i watch them play. Its only when i get up to put my dishes away that Theo sees me and smiles when he does. He climbs off the trampoline and walks over to me. When he reaches me he takes the plate out of my hand still smiling " i got it" he says. I smile and kiss him. I only pull back a few centimetres to say "thank you. Your the best" he smirks at me then walks inside to put my dish away. I watch him go then turn my attention back to the boys who are now tackling each other to the ground on the trampoline. I laugh to myself then i feel two strong arms wrap around my waist just above my stomach. "Whats so funny" Theo asks laughing a bit "Our creations" i reply still laughing "Yeah they are pretty hilarious" he says nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck. Thats when the twins come running over and Cory says "Dad, the ball got stuck in the tree again" "Which tree?" Theo asks. The boys point to a really tall tree and the ball is stuck pretty high up. Theo sighs then murmurs "Wish me luck" he starts walking towards the tree. "Good luck baby" i call out after him. He turns around still walking and winks at me. I smile then look down at my boys. "Speaking of babies," Brayden starts "when is this one coming out" he says pointing towards my stomach. "Soon buddy soon" i reply crouching down to their level. Cory places his hand on my stomach and it kicked. "Mommy, i felt it kick. " he says smiling. "I wanna feel it kick" Brayden says and pushes Cory out of the way and tries to place his hand on my stomach but i catch his wrist just in time. "Brayden we don't push our brothers. Apologize. " i say firmly "Sorry Cory" Brayden says "Now help him up" Brayden reaches down and offers his hand to Cory. Cory takes his hand and Brayden helps him up. "Now can i feel it kick" he asks and i nod. He places a hand on my stomach and it kicks again. "I felt it! I felt it!" He says jumping up and down. Theo comes back with nothing but a scratch on his arm. He kneels down in between the boys and bows his head. "The basketball your highnesses" he says holding out the ball in one hand. Brayden and Cory laugh and Cory takes the ball out of his hand. "Thank you daddy" they say in unison. Theo stands and places one hand on each of the boys heads "So what should we do today?" He asks "Well considering i had a contraction this morning, i think we should hang out around here" i reply "What!? You had a contraction and you didn't tell me!" Theo exclaims with concern in his voice. "Whats a contraction?" Brayden asks. "Its nothing bud. Hey, why don't you guys go get your bathing suits on and then you can go in the pool" Theo tells them "Okay!" They say in unison then run inside. "Shai, why didn't you tell me?" He says calmly with a look of hurt in his eyes. "I forgot about it because it wasn't that bad and i haven't had one since" i tell him truthfully. The look if hurt in his eyes eases and he asks "do we need to go to the hospital?" "No. Wait till my water brakes. " i reply. He nods. "Do you need anything? Water? Something to eat? You should sit down-" "Theo, i'm fine alright?" I cut him off "its not like this is our first time giving birth and twins is a lot more stressful" "Okay" he gives in "but I'm going to call your mom so that when the baby does come someones here to watch the boys" i nod and he walks over to the table to grab his phone. Thats when the boys come running out of the house in their bathing suits and over to the outdoor toy box to get the pool noodles and floats. They throw the noodles in the pool and then the inflatable floats. They've been in the pool a lot lately so the floats are already blown up. Then they run over to the diving board and cannon ball into the pool. I sit back down on the pool chairs and Theo comes and sits down at the end of my pool chair and places a hand on my shin. "Your mom will be here in 2 hours" he tells me and i nod smiling "do you need anything" he asks with a look of concern in his eyes. "Im alright Theo really" i say caressing his cheek "Just go and play with the boys" "Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you?" He asks "ill be right here" i tell him "okay" he says and goes inside to change into his bathing suit. Two minutes later, Theo comes running out of the house like the boys did and jumps in the pool and the boys laugh. I watch them play in the pool for a bit before i find myself dozing off.

Hope u liked it 😃 this story will be mostly peaceful so dont hate