Chapter 15

Erica’s POV

Turns out that none of the people in this room knew where Niall was. He wasn’t in the pile of bodies that had been dumped in the room. I missed him already; even though we barely know each other I feel this attraction to him. Watching Harry and Christina be so loved up was making me wish Niall was here even more.

It is about mid afternoon and I’m officially sick of this room. We’ve been here for about 5 days and forbidden from leaving the room. We have 1 toilet and 1 shower; very few people are game enough to use the shower.

The afternoon sun shone brightly through the now open window. The darkness was taking its toll of everyone’s moods so Liam being the smart one decided to open the curtain during the day. My head is leaning against Zayn’s shoulder as he sleeps. Liam is asleep with his head on my lap. Harry and Christina are sitting by the window looking out across the water. He’s playing with her slightly matted hair and whispering into her ear.

I sighed, shifting my weight from the right side of my body to my left. The constant sitting and sleeping on the floor was starting to take its toll on my body. I was stiff and sore, what I really needed was a back rub but no one was nice enough to give me one. Liam spent most of his time asleep, Zayn was either asleep or watching the door in silence, waiting for something to happen. Harry and Christina were never with us, they were usually over by the window or sitting in the corner making out. I mean I love Chrissy, but this is crazy.

Sandy is the only other girl I have contact with at the moment, but even she is taking slight interest in Zayn. My eyelids were becoming heavy, late nights watching to action is affecting my sleep. My body was exhausted, sore and craved my soft mattress. Ever so slowly, my eyes drooped closed. Sleep took over my exhausted state.

I woke up to the feeling of my poor body being shaken. I half opened my left eye to meet Zayn’s panicked ones. My eyes snapped open, the harsh light of the room light blinding me. “What’s going on Zayn?” He helped me into a sitting position.

“More people that’s what. Some have been moved from this room into another one, Sandy’s gone.”  His voice was thick with sleep.

The curtains had been closed but the moon light still filtered through the chinks in the fabric.

“Any sign of Niall?” He shook his head, making my heart ache. The room went silent as a tall figure stood at the door. I recognised him, Mum’s ex. My eyes widened with horror. Zayn’s arm snaked around my waist protectively,

“What’s up Ez?” He whispered into my ear. I motioned towards the man at the door. Alex Hayne his name was. I used to think he was really cool and I couldn’t wait for him to propose to mum. Then out of the blue he broke her heart, he had been cheating on her and broke up with mum. That was the day before she died. I hated him more then anything.

“What about him? He’s just like the other dudes that work for the psycho man in charge?” I shook my head blinking back tears.

“He... he dated my mum. He broke up with her the day before she died.” I had to stop myself from sobbing. I felt Zayn’s grip tighten around my waist.

Before Zayn or I could say anything another man was at the door, they were talking quietly and pointing out different people, including me. All the people they pointed out were women; I began to feel like a bug under a microscope. They stopped talking and turned to face someone behind them in the corridor. I hear shuffling of feet and voices whispering outside the room. About 10 people were shoved into the room.

That’s when I caught sight of the person I had been searching for so desperately. I shoved Zayn’s arm off me and carefully stood up. He turned and out eyes locked the same beautiful blue eyes I loved so much.