Prologue

Hey everyone! This is my first try at a crime-fiction. I hope y'all will like it and if you do then don't forget to hit the "Vote" button and comment down below. I promise the next chapters are going to be longer.

For more updates, follow me :)

----------------------------------

"Grandpa, what's this file that you have?" Mark asked. He always found his grandpa's police career intriguing and wanted to know about all the criminals they had dealt with.

"Well, that's another case file. Every Christmas you come back for a crime story time." His grandfather joked. "Umm.. no, I come back because I miss you and your storytimes." Mark said while scratching his head. There's no denying that he liked knowing more about the olden days that his grandpa led as an officer. "What do I see here? You have picked one of the most dreadful cases ever." His grandpa exhaled, as soon as he saw the title.

His grandpa, Kevin, liked to keep a separate book for each case that he had solved within the span of his 40 years career. He himself wrote every detail in those books. Maybe, for some other case, he had to go through the details a bit as those memories have almost faded away but not with this one.

He remembers exactly everything that had happened during that time-frame as if, it has happened yesterday.

"I wonder what he did? But, it just says W." Mark said in confusion. Every other book had the name of the criminal but this one had a letter written on top of it only.

"Because, that's what we knew him as, and so did the entire nation." Kevin said. "Meaning? You guys never got to know his actual name?" Mark inquired. That's it this is the case he wanted to know more about.

"You can say that. Grab a big cup of coffee and snacks because this case won't be a short one. Nothing about him that we knew was ever confirmed. Not even by him. Let's just say, he left the world hanging and now no one would ever know the amount of damage that he did." Kevin said and grabbed the book from Mark's hand.

Till date, that name sends a shiver down his spine. What a case it was! And why won't he remember it? It was his last and the scariest case ever.